Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Hall and Oates' "Out of touch" the worst song ever recorded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Stiltskin riff was completely lifted from Smashing Pumpkins.

(Who may well have lifted it from elsewhere.)

Comment

Gonna nominate Elevation by U2 as another contender, specifically for the line "I'm a mole, living in a hole" and also because I worked in a cinema when Tomb Raider came out and the song played in the concourse every 25 minutes or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
        Gonna nominate Elevation by U2 as another contender
        That was first dance at my wedding.

No, not really. That was "I Like to Move It" by Reel 2 Reel.
        Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 21-04-2021, 13:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
          Are you me?
          Hahaha, well have you ever seen us together? Q.E.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
            That was first dance at my wedding.

No, not really. That was "I Like to Move It" by Reel 2 Reel.
            Tell me this is true.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man View Post
              I don't think that any of the songs mentioned so far can compete with this, from 1981:

For some reason, while reading through this thread I decided to stick my headphones on and give this one a listen, and good grief it is magnificently awful. What are Romeos when they're at home (being taken off)?

Comment

The Anneline song sounds like a bad Cristina rip off. I'm a fan of the late ZE Records singer but this shows how little margin for error there was in what she did.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                  These shows are massive fun, and a couple can be found at the following:

https://www.mixcloud.com/tunnicliffe...-everett-1978/

https://www.mixcloud.com/tunnicliffe...-everett-1980/

Of course, he also included Paralyzed by The Legendary Stardust Cowboy, which is a work of sublime genius that all should hear.
                  As planned, I listened to the first of these on my journey back to the Smoke from Edinburgh yesterday. (Listening to both felt like a helping too much, for one sitting. However, the second will happen.)

Among other treats, it was great to hear The Trashmen and Nervous Norvus again - and, not having heard the programme in full (I couldn't receive Capital during the seventies) - I hadn't heard Paralyzed by The Legendary Stardust Cowboy at all, which was indeed a thing of staggering audacity.

If these genuinely were voted for by Everett's listeners, then all I can say is that they were extremely well-informed in the unusual and plain bizarre. Struggling to imagine many of Capital's current listeners having such knowledge of music in all its myriad forms.

I suspect that one or two of his 'jokes' would struggle to make the cut now, however...

Comment

Oh, yes, some of the commentary is definitely "of its time".
                    Last edited by Toby Gymshorts; 22-04-2021, 09:20.

Comment

It was a great listen, though, so thanks again for the link.

Old radio (so much more than 'old TV') has the ability to place one right into that moment, doesn't it? (Even when one is listening to what sounds like an owl being put through a paper-shredder.)

Comment

Working...
                      X