• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arbory Hill by U~F~O isn't exactly their usual thing:

Comment

Golden Brown - The Stranglers.

Comment

I don’t know - yer Stranglers had started out producing gentler music. (And had certainly written in waltz time before.)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Delicieux View Post
          I remember seeing FNM perform this cover of a Bee Gee's song on late night gross-out show the Word, and his voice blew my socks off.
          The video features David Hoyle and a young Martin Freeman.
          Faith No More always had this in their back pocket though, see 'Edge of the World' from Epic, then their cover of 'Easy' and the theme from 'Midnight Cowboy' from the Angel Dust period, 'Star A.D.', 'Caralho Voador', and 'Just a Man' from King for a Day, then 'She Loves Me Not' from Album of the Year.

Comment

Crazy Horses

A riff Jimmy Page would have been proud of, gruff Lemmy like vocals and all in a punk friendly 2 and a bit minutes

By a Mormon boy band

Comment

You could cite several 60s bands who dipped their toes into psychedelia.

Early Quo, Kenny Rogers (with the First Edition), the Rolling Stones.

Comment

Originally posted by gavc23 View Post
                Crazy Horses

A riff Jimmy Page would have been proud of, gruff Lemmy like vocals and all in a punk friendly 2 and a bit minutes

By a Mormon boy band
                And with an early environmental message.

Comment

Originally posted by gavc23 View Post
                  Crazy Horses

By a Mormon boy band
                  This is mental. The song rocks.

Comment

Crazy Horses was once described by the NME as 'Led Zeppelin for the under-fives' - so they were clearly sort of hip to those thoughts.

Comment

I don't think anyone would call Avril 14th particularly representative of the average Aphex Twin track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LgYzva-xq8

Comment

Originally posted by Gawpus View Post
                        I don't think anyone would call Avril 14th particularly representative of the average Aphex Twin track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LgYzva-xq8
                        Also his most popular by some distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                          Crazy Horses was once described by the NME as 'Led Zeppelin for the under-fives' - so they were clearly sort of hip to those thoughts.
                          The NME were talking bullshit then. Not only is Crazy Horses brilliant but "Hold Her Tight" on the same album is excellent. They take a Led Zeppelin, add some funk and horns and make it awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post

That's more of a "sign of things to come" song, with the increasing influence of synths during the Hagar era.
                            Sorry, I think you are mistaken. There was just Van Halen then Dave Lee Roth left and that was it until they reformed with Roth recently. I have no idea what you are referring to with this "Hagar era).

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
                              The NME were talking bullshit then. Not only is Crazy Horses brilliant but "Hold Her Tight" on the same album is excellent. They take a Led Zeppelin, add some funk and horns and make it awesome.
                              I think they were just doing what the music broadsheets ‘did’ back then.

Comment

Working...
                              X