Versus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Versus

Has there been a thread on the Versus match ups between Hip Hop and RnB stars of yore?

Standouts have been Gucci Mane v Jeezy which on many occasions teetered on the edge of a shootout taking into account the history between the two. And was the highest viewed music show of the year after the grammys.
    Snoop v DMX (who is currently in hospital)
    T Pain V Lil John which was hilarious

For those of you who like 90's-2010 Hip Hop/RnB look it up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verzuz

Tonight in the Isely Brothers v Earth Wind and Fire, I am going to stay up for this.

Comment

I was unfamiliar with this series, but to stick with the general idea and to extend the topic, this rap battle is still my favorite: Kool Moe Dee v. LL Cool J. This summary is in two parts:

Part 2:

Comment

I was all up on the first one, the RZA vs DJ Premier.

A few of my comments were picked up by Premier.

They're all fun once they get started. The problem is getting them started.

I could tell DMX wasn't in good shape from that episode. He sounded like an NFL linebacker who boxed heavyweights in his time off. In other words, like he had 365 concussions in a year.

Comment

Speaking of DMX, he's died today
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThlhSnRk21E

The Iconic late 90's anthem, reminds me of Samamtha's and Gas Club

Comment

I'm really sad about DMX. Someone that seemed to be one of the biggest names in hip hop for a very short time, and was unable to escape trouble.

Comment

Those stories of DMX getting into crack via a laced joint when he was 14 are heartbreaking.

That Isley Brothers vs EWF clash dominated my Twitter timeline for about 8 hours straight.

Comment

Working...
              X