"The father of Romanian electronic music"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The father of Romanian electronic music"

Someone you've never heard of, Rodion Rosca, died yesterday after a long battle with cancer. A kind of electronic prog pioneer. There's a nice piece on him in the Guardian here from 3 years ago https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...hAO2DuGlkW94lQ

fir nul

I saw him a few years ago in Belgium. He did some really enjoyable records back in the day. The show was more of 'playing a tape' kind of thing. The collection The Lost Tapes was really good though. As ever, kind of hard to say who's a pioneer more than someone else, but he was certainly part of the movement.

Comment

I just got round to listening to The Lost Tapes, having bought an old promo CD after reading the thread and linked interview. As Derek said, it's a really enjoyable collection, above and beyond any historical significance. The general tunefulness and willingness to chuck stuff into the mixer reminds me a bit of Super Furry Animals, oddly enough.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
        Someone you've never heard of, Rodion Rosca, died yesterday after a long battle with cancer.
        You are Guy Profumo and I claim my five pounds.

Comment

Working...
        X