I'm Echo Park! No, I'M Echo Park!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm Echo Park! No, I'M Echo Park!

There are these guys, a five piece band from Guildford.
    Echo Park. Guildford, UK. Echo Park are a five piece rock band from Guildford, eager to bring their unique style of melodic rock to London and the South East.

Then there's this Echo Park, from South China (I think).

Comment

And finally (I think), this 1980's-sounding effort - and reason for my going down this particular rabbit hole - which appears to be another artist altogether.

3 groups, 1 name. Is this a record?

Comment

Nope - a few years back, when we had that thread about identically-named artists, I found at least six bands called The Jets.

If only it were as easy to find the thread in question.

(NB There's also this album by the dreaded Feeder: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echo_Park_(album) )

Comment

I do like what they're doing with the pedal to achieve that delay effect in the Chinese Echo Park song, now reading up on them with my wife, it's a very enjoyable little rabbit hole.

Comment

I didn't share any songs by the Guildford five Echo Park because they sounded quite bland.

Comment

There's a 4th, based in Winnipeg.

There's not a great deal about them online.

Comment

Okay, there's a fifth, a hip-hop collective formed on reddit of all places.
                Created from the homes of each member, spread across the U.S.A. & Canada, the members were able to create an album in a span of months.

Comment

We have number six! (sort of)

Comment

Astonishingly, I have found the thread in question, from 2015:

https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...al#post1601295

That's if you're interested, like. (Which I'm not sure you are.)

Comment

Life is short Jah, but the days can be long, so I will definitely look at that now ta, and your sleuthing skills deserve due credit.

Comment

That's very kind of you, Mr D. I only found it because I remembered vaguely when it occurred.

(Certainly no thanks to the rubbish search facility.)

Comment

So none of these Echo Parks are from LA, I see.

Comment

I'd pay to watch all six incarnations play a one-off gig there, it's just the kind of gimmick bands need today.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                              Nope - a few years back, when we had that thread about identically-named artists, I found at least six bands called The Jets.
                              If there's more than one artist or band using the same name, Discogs will list them as (2), (3) etc. to tell them apart in the database. They have 36 different ones listed for Double Trouble

Comment

Blimey - all of whom have legitimate releases? I certainly remember Rebel MC’s group (featuring Michael Menson, who died in very tragic circumstances), but struggling to come up with another.

Comment

Sort of, I guess it depends where you draw the line with 'legitimate'. I think quite a few are DJs or rappers who did a few tracks or features under that name before realising it wasn't super distinctive.

I could only think of the 'Street Tuff' lads and Stevie Ray Vaughan's backing band, but I've seen the name on enough low rent dance compilations to think it was worth a look. I'd love to know more about this lot now (possibly German?)

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                    (NB There's also this album by the dreaded Feeder: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echo_Park_(album) )
                                    I quite like Feeder. They don't do anything massively exciting but they're fun live and they have a few decent songs.

Comment

^Yeah, I was probably being a bit unfair there.

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
                                      Sort of, I guess it depends where you draw the line with 'legitimate'. I think quite a few are DJs or rappers who did a few tracks or features under that name before realising it wasn't super distinctive.

I could only think of the 'Street Tuff' lads and Stevie Ray Vaughan's backing band, but I've seen the name on enough low rent dance compilations to think it was worth a look. I'd love to know more about this lot now (possibly German?)
                                      Ah, of course - SRV’s band. Should’ve remembered that.
                                      Last edited by Jah Womble; 28-02-2021, 18:36.

Comment

Working...
                                      X