X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sits
    replied
    Originally posted by Sits View Post
    My son and some mates were on the point of driving two days into the outback a few years back when DP announced a gig to take place in the middle of nowhere.

Cancelled well ahead of anyone laying out real cash on travel arrangements but good hype.
    I was wrong, it did happen. Wee Waa, New South Wales:

The tiny Australian town was surprised but got into the spirit, selling daft pork sausages and random access rissoles while celebrating a dusty agricultural show it will never forget

Leave a comment:

• KingsburySaint
    replied
    Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
    I hadn't realised they were still going, talk about unprolific. Homework was great but the stuff after that was a load of old shite
    No, let's go with that. I was positively giddy when Discovery came out. I loved (still do) Homework, which I bought on CD before I had a CD player.

I can still remember the anticipation on the bus home having bought Discovery. Straight round to my mate's. Both sitting there thinking that maybe the next track will get better.

Still, Homework is great and my first gig at the Barrowlands.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    My son and some mates were on the point of driving two days into the outback a few years back when DP announced a gig to take place in the middle of nowhere.

Cancelled well ahead of anyone laying out real cash on travel arrangements but good hype.

Leave a comment:

• Fussbudget
    replied
    I hadn't realised they were still going, talk about unprolific. Homework was great but the stuff after that was a load of old shite not my thing (I still remember the crushing horror I felt when I heard One More Time for the first time) and they're responsible for that dreadful identikit French house sound that plagued the 00s, so on balance I'll have to go with 'meh'.

The high concept masked robot stuff was pretty fun though

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    started a topic Homework Submitted

Homework Submitted

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...droidApp_Other

Daft Punk split after 28 years.

Homework is a classic, it took me into other music genres and cultures.
Working...
X