Singles and videos that simply wouldn't get released now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
    Big Joe Turner - My Gal's A Jockey (authentic rock and roll in 1946 but totally filthy)

https://www.lyricsvault.net/php/arti...#axzz6mNw35PUc

Blimey, you’re not wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
      ”And I think now, obviously, culture, society has moved into a completely different place. You won’t see me making any videos like that ever again.”
      Jesus wept, the track was released in 2013, not 1973.

Comment

Filipino Baby - Cowboy Copas (1946). Interracial sex is OK if she's Asian:

Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 14-02-2021, 13:20.

Comment

I Want A Bowlegged Woman - Bull Moose Jackson (1947):

http://www.songlyrics.com/bull-moose...-woman-lyrics/

Comment

King Size Papa - Julia Lee

Comment

I Didn’t Like It The First Time - Julia Lee And Her Boy Friends

Comment

The group name might prove a little troublesome, too...

Comment

Little School Girl - "Smokey" Hogg (1949):

Sadly there were a few of these around the turn of the 50s up to Chuck Berry's success.

Comment

Good Morning Little School Girl was/is pretty much a blues standard. I have a 1937 Sonny Boy Williamson version, and IIRC correctly it was an early A-side by The Yardbirds.

Comment

Wynonie Harris - I Like My Baby's Pudding

Comment

The photographs in lyrics thread sent me down a Spotify rabbit hole which led to Godley and Creme's 1979 album Freeze Frame. The title track has nothing whatsoever to do with photography but does contain the line "Going down like United in the Munich air crash". Stick to videos, fellas.

Comment

Erm, as you know, they never got up. Crikey, what a dreadful lyric.

Comment

Out of interest what songs are not getting released in 2021.

Comment

I suppose anything can be 'released' today as in chucked out on the web but how the stuff would be received and promoted is the question. Who would touch it with a bargepole? Would it lead to immediate cancellation (presumably the Godley and Creme track would do, for example)?

Comment

Tons of anti-Asian racism making the US charts in the 1950s, e.g.

Harry Kari And His Six Saki Sippers - Yokohama Mama (1953)

Spike Jones - Chinese Mule Train (1950)

Makes George Formby's racism seem mild by comparison.
                                Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 17-05-2021, 21:14.

Comment

Working...
                                X