No announcement yet.

New Music for 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you look closely at the artwork on their new album my kids' names should be incorporated somewhere - I'm in their Patreon equivalent and you could get your name in so I put my kids' names in instead.

Comment

Melbourne-based Hiatus Kaiyote release their third album, ‘Mood Valiant’, on 28th June. From what I’ve heard already, it looks set to be as good as their first two (and that's a very high bar indeed). This is the sublime ‘Red Room’.

Comment

I'm slightly addicted to the new Sleater-Kinney stuff 'Path of Wellness'. The mock news programme that goes with it is good fun too.

Comment

Guaranteed to soundtrack a variety of moody TV and film scenes in 2022:

Comment

I can't get into the last couple of SK albums at all. I love Sleater Kinney. I was at their last show before they took their break and I loved Wild Flag. I just don't like their new stuff.

Faye Webster album is on my shopping list for next weekend. I absolutely love what I've heard so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oq-...ayeWebsterVEVO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VVj...el=FayeWebster

Comment

If you liked the first three albums by the Kings of Convenience, there will be nothing to stop you feeling the same about the fourth. I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by BallochSonsFan View Post
                I can't get into the last couple of SK albums at all. I love Sleater Kinney. I was at their last show before they took their break and I loved Wild Flag. I just don't like their new stuff.

Faye Webster album is on my shopping list for next weekend. I absolutely love what I've heard so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oq-...ayeWebsterVEVO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VVj...el=FayeWebster
                I liked 'Cheers' - thanks for the link. I thought I knew where it was going, but it managed to surprise me (unlike the S-K and Joy Formidable songs above). Will check out the album.

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post
                  If you liked the first three albums by the Kings of Convenience, there will be nothing to stop you feeling the same about the fourth. I love it.
                  Yep, the new KoC stuff does sound up to the mark.

Originally posted by BallochSonsFan View Post
                  I still like what Sleater-Kinney are doing, but I do rather miss the less-compromising post-Riot Grrl stylings of their earlier recordings.

But that's my age, I guess.

Comment

It isn’t new by any means, but Discover Weekly just introduced me to Prefab Sprout’s I Trawl the Megahertz which is a wondrous album.

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
                      It isn’t new by any means, but Discover Weekly just introduced me to Prefab Sprout’s I Trawl the Megahertz which is a wondrous album.
                      I heard that for the first time about two months ago (not through discover weekly) and was blown away. The long title track mostly, the rest didn't grip me quite as much

Comment

Just getting the chance to sit and listen to the new Faye Webster album (I Know I'm Funny Ha Ha).

It's really good. Will take some going for me to hear something better all year.

Comment

If you're a fan of Vini Reillyesque solo guitar albums, then try out the new one from Dean McPhee - single track here on bandcamp is very representative of the whole album, which you can buy for £7 if you want to listen with a good conscience.

Ended up deleting the Faye Webster album - too dull and one-paced.

Comment

The CHVRCHES track with Robert Smith is very good ('How Not To Drown')

'Head On' and 'Sway' by Swedish indie-folk guitarist Jose Gonzalez sound great. His new album is out on Sep 17 on Mute.
                            Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 24-08-2021, 14:22.

Comment

The Shadracks are a three-piece garage rock'n'roll band from the Medway towns.

Nation Of Language are a three-piece synthpop band from Brooklyn.

Comment

The new Chvrches album is quite fantastic. Very of the pandemic in vibe.

Comment

My favorite song of the year so far:

Comment

Originally posted by Furtho View Post
                                    The Shadracks are a three-piece garage rock'n'roll band from the Medway towns.
                                    Good to know that the Medway garage/psych scene that was predominant in my 1980s art school days is still very much alive and kicking.

Comment

Billy Childish is Huddie Shadrack's dad, so the Medway Scene lineage is strong.

Comment

If there are any fans of the music on the legendary Sarah label, you might be interested in Once Home, No Longer by Mt. Misery. The music certainly has a Sarah label band feel about it, especially the wonderful Orchids.

Comment

DPDPDPDP the Mt Misery album is on Prefect Records, co-run by Mark Dobson, former drummer of Sarah Recs giants The Field Mice. I remember when the album came out Mark said the band had told him they'd never heard of Sarah.

Comment

The label Spinout Nuggets have issued a split single featuring covers of two of my favourite songs by The Monkees, here. Tapioca Tundra, comprising members of Even As We Speak, The Luxembourg Signal and Jetstream Pony, offer a sweet janglepop version of Sometime In The Morning, while Sounds Incarcerated, who include folk from The Prisoners and Galileo 7, do pop-psych gem The Porpoise Song.

Tapioca Tundra

Sounds Incarcerated

Comment

I went to see Jetstream Pony last night. They're great but tend to play as support to bigger heritage indie names, which can make it pricey if you aren't fussed about the headliners.

Comment

Did anyone else post up the song of the summer? I meant to some time ago :

Comment

From the most recent Chubby and the Gang album

Comment

Originally posted by danielmak View Post
                                                    From the most recent Chubby and the Gang album...
                                                    Hmm - can't make my mind up about those guys.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X