Say It Isn’t So

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Say It Isn’t So

Tony Lewis of the Outfield has passed away.

Really? Nothing? They had five top 40s!

Comment

Not over here they didn't - classic example of that category of bands who did nothing in their homeland and hit it lucky in the US.

I did wonder whether Rivers Cuomo had died and your text had auto-corrected the "ain't".

Comment

I'm still too upset about the death of Don Featherstone, creator of the pink plastic lawn flamingo.

Comment

I thought either Hall or Oates had snuffed it.

Comment

Anyway, besides Your Love, Outfield fall into that category of '80s bands I didn't get the fuss* over at the time and don't get now. They're always part of those Retro Futura tours and I always think 'Why?'

*if that's even the right word

Comment

All their songs sound kind of the same, but I like that song a lot.

Comment

I don't think I've heard any of his/their stuff before today - very much influenced by Sting/The :Police from a superficial hearing. Anyway, he's too young to be RIPing.

Comment

They were like The Police in that they were a three-piece, but they started as a prog group
                  and didn’t have the reggae influence of The Police.

Comment

Voices of Babylon was the song I remember, I actually was thinking of it this morning and then see this thread.

Comment

Working...
                    X