• Show
Clear All

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Amor de Cosmos
    replied
    Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
    I'm with DG here - not much of a fan of much of DG's music taste I'll be honest but Van M produced a lot of brilliant music in his early career. I'm not going to let the fact that the man is an utter dick take that away
    Actually being an utter dick — or at least a partial dick — is probably a requirement in almost any expressive medium.

Leave a comment:

• Duncan Gardner
    replied
    Whoops, schoolboy error there

Ps no dig at Spoony intended above- I had been listening to Skids album "Absolute Game'

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
    As a similar example from Spoony's manor, everyone including the man himself thinks Richard Job son's a bit of an arse, but Skids singles and the first Big Country album aren't bad
    Jobson didn’t play with Big Country - Stuart Adamson was guitarist in both bands. (After Skids, Jobson formed The Armoury Show, about whom I recall very little.)

Leave a comment:

• Duncan Gardner
    replied
    I remain hopeful of reintroducing AH to the plodding 70s dadrock of his childhood

Didn't we discover a common favourite in Croat folkie Goran Bregovic? Check out his album with Polish diva Kayah

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    I'm with DG here - not much of a fan of much of DG's music taste I'll be honest but Van M produced a lot of brilliant music in his early career. I'm not going to let the fact that the man is an utter dick take that away

Leave a comment:

• Duncan Gardner
    replied
    Easy, tigers!

In Big Ivan's defence, like many/ most artists he peaked before 35. You can ignore the mediocrity since. He was hardly going back to welding (see threads passim for details) .

As a similar example from Spoony's manor, everyone including the man himself thinks Richard Job son's a bit of an arse, but Skids singles and the first Big Country album aren't bad

Leave a comment:

• elguapo4
    replied
    Van Morrison coughing on someone would beat anything he's done musically in the last 40 years.

Leave a comment:

• Benjm
    replied
    Van Morrison was doing socially distanced shows in London earlier in the autumn. I'd be interested to know whether his vocal disdain for virus control measures helped ticket sales there. If you were undecided about going, the thought that he might wander over and cough on you just to make a point might well make a few repeats of Murder, She Wrote seem the better option.

Leave a comment:

• Lang Spoon
    replied
    Apart from Astral Weeks and TB Sheets that miserable wee cunt can get in the sea.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Delicieux
    replied
    I take it that Van the man was asleep while the patriot act was passed back in the early 2000's. That was a shoulder shrug, but the masks, oh yes, that's the true mark of oppression.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    It does seem a strange thing to get het up about.

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    I'm genuinely baffled why so many people believe that wearing a mask during a respitory disease health crisis is such an affront to personal liberty.

Did they write a song objecting to staying at home for a few days and sneezing into tissues when you have the 'flu?

Leave a comment:

• Toby Gymshorts
    replied
    Masterpiece. Truly a song for the ages.

Pair of cunts.

Leave a comment:

• 3 Colours Red
    replied
    Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
    Penned by Van Morrison, performed by Eric Clapton
    Quelle surprise.

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    I would like to draw your attention to the lyrics of this piece of appalling twattishness. Penned by Van Morrison, performed by Eric Clapton https://genius.com/Eric-clapton-stan...deliver-lyrics

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    Originally posted by Jon View Post
    Yes, he was taken to task on his stance by ....wait for it ......

Jedward.
    As was Ian Brown. Those guys can be quite amusing in their own slightly-strange way.

Leave a comment:

• 3 Colours Red
    replied
    Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
    The bloke out of the Corrs is a Covid denialist too. (Seen on Facebook - "if you listen to the chap from the Corrs you might end up breathless")
    Jim Corr's tinfoil hat credentials are already pretty well-known so no fucking surprises there.

Leave a comment:

• Jon
    replied
    Yes, he was taken to task on his stance by ....wait for it ......

Jedward.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    The bloke out of the Corrs is a Covid denialist too. (Seen on Facebook - "if you listen to the chap from the Corrs you might end up breathless")

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    Well, I've just put my autographed Carol Decker poster through the shredder.

(This is not entirely true. I'm merely thinking about it.)

Leave a comment:

• Come along, Min
    replied
    I've seen on Twitter that the one thing uniting music stars who are veering into Covid twattery is that they are all at least 25 years past their peak.
    Yes, 24kgoldn ft iann dior's opinion is the one we all need to hear.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    I've seen on Twitter that the one thing uniting music stars who are veering into Covid twattery is that they are all at least 25 years past their peak.
    (Same is true for ex footballers)

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
    And I hope the proud Salopians of this board have disowned Decker.
    As an escapee from Salop I don't remember anyone there being particularly keen on T'Pau even when they troubled the charts.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X