No announcement yet.

COVID-related twattery amongst pop stars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm genuinely baffled why so many people believe that wearing a mask during a respitory disease health crisis is such an affront to personal liberty.

Did they write a song objecting to staying at home for a few days and sneezing into tissues when you have the 'flu?

Comment

It does seem a strange thing to get het up about.

Comment

I take it that Van the man was asleep while the patriot act was passed back in the early 2000's. That was a shoulder shrug, but the masks, oh yes, that's the true mark of oppression.

Comment

Apart from Astral Weeks and TB Sheets that miserable wee cunt can get in the sea.

Comment

Van Morrison was doing socially distanced shows in London earlier in the autumn. I'd be interested to know whether his vocal disdain for virus control measures helped ticket sales there. If you were undecided about going, the thought that he might wander over and cough on you just to make a point might well make a few repeats of Murder, She Wrote seem the better option.

Comment

Van Morrison coughing on someone would beat anything he's done musically in the last 40 years.

Comment

Easy, tigers!

In Big Ivan's defence, like many/ most artists he peaked before 35. You can ignore the mediocrity since. He was hardly going back to welding (see threads passim for details) .

As a similar example from Spoony's manor, everyone including the man himself thinks Richard Job son's a bit of an arse, but Skids singles and the first Big Country album aren't bad

Comment

I'm with DG here - not much of a fan of much of DG's music taste I'll be honest but Van M produced a lot of brilliant music in his early career. I'm not going to let the fact that the man is an utter dick take that away

Comment

I remain hopeful of reintroducing AH to the plodding 70s dadrock of his childhood

Didn't we discover a common favourite in Croat folkie Goran Bregovic? Check out his album with Polish diva Kayah

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
                      As a similar example from Spoony's manor, everyone including the man himself thinks Richard Job son's a bit of an arse, but Skids singles and the first Big Country album aren't bad
                      Jobson didn’t play with Big Country - Stuart Adamson was guitarist in both bands. (After Skids, Jobson formed The Armoury Show, about whom I recall very little.)

Comment

Whoops, schoolboy error there

Ps no dig at Spoony intended above- I had been listening to Skids album "Absolute Game'

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                          I'm with DG here - not much of a fan of much of DG's music taste I'll be honest but Van M produced a lot of brilliant music in his early career. I'm not going to let the fact that the man is an utter dick take that away
                          Actually being an utter dick — or at least a partial dick — is probably a requirement in almost any expressive medium.

Comment

Comment

Posted on the Covid-19 thread too. The automatic thanks from Heathrow is worrying.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                The automatic thanks from Heathrow is worrying.
                                Crossed fingers it's a bot picking up on certain words in the original tweet.

Comment

Those Simple Things was a minor hit single for RSF. I detect human input.

Comment

Originally posted by Auntie Beryl View Post
                                    Those Simple Things was a minor hit single for RSF. I detect human input.
                                    Your knowledge of RSF worries me. But that's a good spot.

Comment

How many clickbait pieces on this will have "Too Sexy For A Mask?" in the headline? All of them?

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
                                        Crossed fingers it's a bot picking up on certain words in the original tweet.
                                        Has to be, surely? I hope that somebody has pointed this out to whoever monitors these things.

More importantly, what were BA doing allowing a passenger to fly without a mask anyway? Has he a medical reason?

As for 'lots of good for yous for speaking out on the lockdown' - who the f*** are they trying to kid?

Comment

Does this Fred bloke have previous form?

Comment

Certainly according to page one of this Fred, I mean 'thread'.

Comment

Richard Fairbrass was voting UKIP as early as 2010, and was vocally pro-Brexit.

Comment

https://twitter.com/toeknee_rawsee/status/1417940743126142976?s=19

Clapton has said he won't perform to discriminated crowds.

Comment

Wonder whether that anti-Black (among other ethnicities) rant was before or after he performed the Bob Marley cover.

Comment

After. I Shot the Sheriff was released by Clapton in 1974 - a year after Marley’s original.

The rant was (I believe) two years later.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X