COVID-related twattery amongst pop stars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COVID-related twattery amongst pop stars

A subject-specific subset of the "twats in rock and pop" category. Which pop and rock stars are outing themselves as selfish libertarian morons specifically in relation to COVID, say, protesting against masks, or pushing insane crap about "hoaxes"?

There has been a lot of coverage in the media of Van Morrison's "protest" songs.

Ian Brown (if I've remembered his name correctly, anyway that utter fucking tool who fronted the Stone Roses and imho always came across like a self-indulgent moron as a performer).

Noel Gallagher

And, if I've correctly interpreted some tweets, we can now add Right Said Fred to list. They need to re-release a slight edit of their best known hit, and sing "I'm too stupid for my shirt".

That's it, I'm never listening to Right Said Fred again.

Comment

Her out of T'Pau is an anti-masker who keeps retweeting complete rubbish about how it's no worse than the flu, almost no one has died from it, why can't we just get on with our lives etc. In fairness her style is mostly wall-to-wall whingeing about how very hard everything is on her rather than hoax/conspiracy stuff about mind control or whatever.

Comment

Somehow, it always seems to be the people you’d expect it to be.

Comment

One of my friends used to work with a men who was nicknamed 'T'Pau man, he ran the breakaway T'Pau fan-club.

Comment

Wrong Said Fred.

Ian Brown is an absolute weapon.

Comment

Brown's one for the nominative determinism thread because he talks a load of shit.

And I hope the proud Salopians of this board have disowned Decker.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                That's it, I'm never listening to Right Said Fred again.
                Don’t go and watch Saracens then, their dreadful club song is by said Freds.

Comment

@EEG: Grumpy Ivan has managed to force the warring factions in BelAir to agree (that he's a surly fcuker). His local MP Stephen Farry said pretty much that on the Remainiacs podcast this week

@Mme La Budget: I used to play football with Carol Decker's bass player Dan so got on the after-gig guest list at the Camden Jazz Cafe. I had a nice chat with her mum who was looking after CD's toddler daughter. About Star Trek, IIRC

Comment

We looked around Fred Fairbrass' house when we were looking to move about fifteen years ago. This wasn't mentioned beforehand so the experience was like being in an immersive episode of Through The Keyhole.

Comment

Carol's not as smart as her dad Desmond.

Comment

Some tools here seem to be trying to blacken Decker.

All week.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                          Wrong Said Fred.
                          With their hit Deeply Dopey.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
                            And I hope the proud Salopians of this board have disowned Decker.
                            As an escapee from Salop I don't remember anyone there being particularly keen on T'Pau even when they troubled the charts.

Comment

I've seen on Twitter that the one thing uniting music stars who are veering into Covid twattery is that they are all at least 25 years past their peak.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                I've seen on Twitter that the one thing uniting music stars who are veering into Covid twattery is that they are all at least 25 years past their peak.
                                (Same is true for ex footballers)

Comment

Yes, 24kgoldn ft iann dior's opinion is the one we all need to hear.

Comment

Well, I've just put my autographed Carol Decker poster through the shredder.

(This is not entirely true. I'm merely thinking about it.)

Comment

The bloke out of the Corrs is a Covid denialist too. (Seen on Facebook - "if you listen to the chap from the Corrs you might end up breathless")

Comment

Yes, he was taken to task on his stance by ....wait for it ......

Jedward.

Comment

The bloke out of the Corrs is a Covid denialist too. (Seen on Facebook - "if you listen to the chap from the Corrs you might end up breathless")
                                          Jim Corr's tinfoil hat credentials are already pretty well-known so no fucking surprises there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                                            Yes, he was taken to task on his stance by ....wait for it ......

Jedward.
                                            As was Ian Brown. Those guys can be quite amusing in their own slightly-strange way.

Comment

I would like to draw your attention to the lyrics of this piece of appalling twattishness. Penned by Van Morrison, performed by Eric Clapton https://genius.com/Eric-clapton-stan...deliver-lyrics

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                                Penned by Van Morrison, performed by Eric Clapton
                                                Quelle surprise.

Comment

Masterpiece. Truly a song for the ages.

Pair of cunts.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X