Small names at big clubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small names at big clubs

The Black Keys are going to be playing the enormous Pavilião Atlantico in Lisbon this summer. When a band gets their song on a TV programme in Portugal, they can really take off. Manchester trip-hop duo Lamb were enormously popular over here and would sell out the same venue when they played here. I doubt they could fill a 400 capacity venue in their peak in the UK.

Other than that, Birdland at Brixton Academy always seems like a band out of their depth.

Eat would sometimes book the Town and Country Club, realise they didn't have a chance of filling it, then get The Wonderstuff to support them to ensure the gig sold out.

Small names at big clubs

(Not totally in line with the thread's brief, but ...)

I see that Lana del Rey is on the Super Rock Super Bock (Portugal) bill this year. I like her, but having seen on YouTube her timid, awkward performances at more intimate venues, this will be a bit too big for her, won't it?

Comment

Small names at big clubs

Nah, I think festivals would work better for her, more distance between performer and audience for her to escape into.

That festival is meant to be a bugger to get to, but if she's on the same day as The Horrors, I might be up for it.

Comment

Working...
      X