Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Justin Townes Earle

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...e_iOSApp_Other

A sensitive soul and a sad loss way too young.

Most of my favourites who die tend to be past their prime. It's very rare that I'm looking forward to their next album. I'm devastated at Justin's death, of of the few contemporary singers I'd call myself a fan of.

He never made a bad album, at least of those I've heard, and his Harlem River Blues album is a contender for my favourite of the 2010s, and "One More Night in Brooklyn" for one of my favourites of the decade. Last year's The Saint Of Lost Causes was solid with some fine moments. It has his typical warmth and tinge of sadness, and is an agreeable companion.

What an awful thing for Steve Earle...

Comment

I don't know his music at all. It just sucks for his family and friends. When a young person dies, the people who love them have to mourn not only the immediate loss of not having them around any more, but also the loss of the future they imagined for them and/or with them.

Comment

We're huge Steve Earle fans, so I'm very sad for him. Especially on the heels of his lifelong friend and bassist Kelly Looney recently dying.

Comment

Ah shite. I have most of his albums. Haven't listened to any for a while though. Saw him perform in Amsterdam a few years ago. And saw his dad play a year or so ago and you'd have put your house on Steve being the first to go and not too far hence. What a waste.

I'm going down
          To the Harlem River to drown
          Dirty water
          Gonna cover me over
          And I'm not gonna make a sound

Comment

Working...
          X