Rossini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rossini

Right, I should codify this by saying, I know very little about 'classical' stuff.

HOWEVER, I found this little part of Spotify, that plays all the things I remember from being taken by a teacher (to concerts, operas and music fests, you bastards) to 'see'/listen to.

One of my memories was something big, brassy, and ballsy, and I only found it recently (after paying 25p for the boxset in 1977).

I give you:

http://open.spotify.com/track/7j8xQ2TXfwlIAeUVX71zar

Now, I dont know if it works (if you dont have Spotify), but it is 8 minutes of wonderful. And to this day, I still dont have a fucking clue what they are on about. It took me 5 goes to work out Tosca FFS.

Anyway, enjoy. More to come, and can we set that link up again, wingcs and others? I dont want to discuss it, I just want to listen to it.

(And you may not call it 'classical', but MacKenzie Crook is about to narrate 'Peter and the Wolf': that may outdo Ustinov.)

*shit, I forgot to name it: L'Italiana in Algerie' (Italian Girl in Algeria). If I remember correctly, it all goes a bit mental at the end, but the overtur-ina, and the opening voice, are 'fuck you' spectacular.

Rossini

It sounds fucked up here, so turn your treble down a shade...

still works.

Comment

Rossini

Needless to say I'd enjoy having an opera thread. Rule 1: all the greatest singers are long since deceased.

Comment

Rossini

Bruno, when are you seeing Comte Ory?

Comment

Rossini

I'm not. Do you have me confused with someone else?

Comment

Rossini

Damn it. It looks like I do.

Comment

Working...
            X