X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We rock!

http://i.imgur.com/P5Yfz.png

More in Canada than US surprises me.
    And did boybands kill heavy metal in UK?

We rock!

Finland, flying the flag. Do Lordi count?

Comment

We rock!

Pietro Paolo Virdis wrote:
      http://i.imgur.com/P5Yfz.png

More in Canada than US surprises me.
      Seems to be a northern phenomenon. Curious to see the same graph apply to individual states.

Comment

We rock!

It would be interesting to work out the relationship between the population of Lapland and the total population for each of the Scandinavian countries, and to see whether it bears any resemblance to the relationship in the graph. The far north has a heavily disproportionate amount of metal bands. If that area were a separate country it'd be way off the scale.

Comment

We rock!

Is Muukalainen the most northerly member of OTF? I've just looked up Pohjois-Pohjanmaan on Google Maps.

Comment

We rock!

I'm not sure, but I might be. Me Old Flower was also in Oulu a couple of years back, but I think he's returned home.

Otto Katz, however, is from way further north than where I am now. Can't remember exactly where it was, Hammerfest? Somewhere up there anyway.

Comment

We rock!

Ah, Otto Katz, top man.

No surprise that Scandanavia is right up there, the Viking blood, winter dark freezing home of Black Metal, but surely Florida should be bright red?

Comment

We rock!

There are a couple of odd outliers. Greece seems to be the only country in Southern Europe with a Heavy Metal Heart. And is that Bhutan or Nepal that's the lonely pocket in Asia?

Comment

Working...
                X