Back of the Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jon View Post
    Bud don't algorithms go by what you have already listened to and not what your age/demograph is? That is certainly my experience anyway.
    Okay, perhaps I’m mistaken - I don’t really bother with these things. I just know that they exist and don’t like the idea of them.

Comment

Just caught up with this and, oddly, one of mates who publishes a magazine is quoted in there. As you can imagine, he's having quite a time at the time juggling who can come off furlough, who is staying and who will have to be made redundant.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
        Okay, perhaps I’m mistaken - I don’t really bother with these things. I just know that they exist and don’t like the idea of them.
        Spotify algorithms can actually work pretty well if you are listening a lot. YMMV, but on "more unusual" stuff it can hit pay-dirt quite often. To the extent I will always listen to its discover weekly.

Comment

I listen to Discover Weekly more than anything else on Spotify. I have discovered countless new things on there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
            I listen to Discover Weekly more than anything else on Spotify. I have discovered countless new things on there.
            Sometimes gives you old stuff as well. It suggested a Dogs D'Amour song today - I hadn't even thought about them in nearly thirty years. Now having a lovely nostalgia trip through their album

Comment

Oh, yes. I should have said discovered and rediscovered. Spotify is generally the best tenner a month that I spend.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post

Sometimes gives you old stuff as well. It suggested a Dogs D'Amour song today - I hadn't even thought about them in nearly thirty years. Now having a lovely nostalgia trip through their album
                Odd, I have been thinking of a couple of their old songs recently. Prompted by my brain rather than a playlist, it has to be said.

Comment

Working...
                X