No announcement yet.

A Jazz Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

‘Night Chant’ from the 2021 album ‘Vol. 1’ by Ayumi Ishito And The Spacemen – Ishito on tenor saxophone, Theo Woodward synthesizer/vocals, Jake Strauss guitar/bass, Steven Bartishev drums and, ahem, Nebula , The Velvet Queen theremin.

Comment

‘Alex Dream’ from the 2019 album ‘We Seem To Be Drifting Apart’ by Nils Berg Cinemascope, featuring Berg on tenor saxophone, flute, bass clarinet and keyboards, Josef Kallerdahl bass and Christopher Cantillo drums, percussion and vibraphone.

Comment

‘Moon Landing’ from the 2018 album ‘Space Jazz’ by Inwardness – David Amar soprano saxophone, synthesizer and electronics, Maciek Pysz guitar/effects and Davy Sur drums/percussion.

Comment

‘Jagten’ from the 2019 album ‘Cirkel’ by trumpeter Jakob Sorensen’s Bagland, with Mathias Jaeger keyboards, Alex Jonsson guitar, Frederik Sakham-Lomborg bass and Frej Vammen-Lesner drums.

Comment

‘Snefald Over Fjorden’ from the 2020 album ‘Ojeblikke Vi Husker’ by Hvalfugl – Jakob Sorensen fluglhorn, Jonathan Fjord Bredholt keyboards, Jeppe Lavsen guitar, Anders Juel Bomholt bass and Lasse Jacobson drums.

Comment

The title track from the 2019 album ‘Beyond Us’ by Angles 9 – Magnus Broo trumpet, Martin Kuchen alto/tenor saxophones, Eirik Hegdal baritone saxophone, Goran Kafges cornet, Mats Aleklint trombone, Alexander Zethson piano, Matthias Stahl vibraphone, Johan Berthling bass and Andreas Werliin drums.

Comment

‘Bitches Brew’ from the 2018 album ‘Electric Miles’ by the Charles Pillow Large Ensemble, with Dave Liebman soprano saxophone, Colin Gordon alto/soprano saxophones, CJ Ziarniak and Luke Norris tenor saxophones, Charlie Carr, Clay Jenkins, Tim Hagans and Tony Kadleck trumpets, Abe Nouri, Jack Courtright and Michael Davis trombones, Karl Stabnau bass clarinet, Gabe Ramos bass trombone, Julian Garvu electric piano, Mike Fortia bass, Jared Schonig drums and Charles Pillow alto/soprano saxophone, flutes and all arrangements.

Comment

‘Lynes Joint’ from the 2018 album ‘Get It How You Live’ by Russell Gunn’s Royal Krunk Jazz Orchestra, with Curtis Watson, Lee King, Melvin Jones, Daniel Harper, Ali Barr and Darren English trumpets, Akeem Marable, Brian Hogans, Mike Walton, Jamel Mitchell, Eric Fontaine and James Robertson saxophones, Saunders Sermons, Derrick Jackson, Derrick White and Tom Gibson trombones, Phil Davis keyboards, Rod Harris guitar, Tabari Lake bass, Che Marshall drums, Ali Barr percussion and Russell Gunn arranger, conductor and trumpet.

Comment

The title track from the 2020 album ‘Orca’ by the Kathrine Windfeld Big Band, with Windfeld on piano, Viktor Sandstrom guitar, Andre Bak, Rolf Sorensen and Magnus Oseth trumpets, Goran Abelli, Mikkel Aagaard and Anders Larson trombones, Jakob Lundbak, Magnus Thuelund, Roald Larsen, Ida Karlsson and Aske Drasbaek saxophones, Johnnes Vaht bass and Henrik Hansen drums.

Comment

‘The Mediterranean Passage In The Age Of Refugees’ from Daniel Herskedal’s 2019 album ‘Voyage’, with Herskedal on tuba and bass trumpet, Maher Mahmod oud, Eyolf Dale piano, Bergmund Waal Skaslien viola and Helge Andreas Norbakken percussion.

Comment

The title track from pianist Katarzyna Wiktorski’s 2020 EP ‘From A Distance’, with Jade Nye alto saxophone, Chloe Sanger violin, Ffion Stokes cello, Alexi Kyrkilis cello, William Base bass and Oliver Hanane drums.

Comment

'Make No Gaps’ from Torbin Westergaard’s 2020 album ‘The Gori Project’, a Danish/Korean collaboration featuring Eunhee Choi on the gayagum (a Korean string instrument), Ryunggi Choi percussion, Rene Damsbak trumpet/electronics, Jacob Andreson percussion and Westergaard on bass and keyboards.

Comment

I’m loving this thread by the way. Even though I only actually like maybe one in five or six or so of the tracks. Maybe I should’ve been “liking” them as I go? OK if I start now as I don’t want to unnecessarily clog up your box so to speak?
                            Last edited by Sunderporinostesta; 14-09-2021, 08:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunderporinostesta View Post
                              I’m loving this thread by the way. Even though I only actually like maybe one in five or six or so of the tracks. Maybe I should’ve been “liking” them as I go? OK if I start now as I don’t want to unnecessarily clog up your box so to speak?
                              Cheers. It's always good to get a post from someone else on the thread. I've got a pretty good idea of what the regulars on here like by now, but I'd be interested to hear what you are enjoying. I always try to mix things up across different styles, so a hit rate of one in five/six isn't bad I guess.

Comment

‘Look Up’ from the 2020 EP of the same name by pianist Raffy Bushman, with Tom Driessler bass and Tom Michnik drums.

Comment

‘Wolves’ from the Foehn Trio’s 2020 album ‘Highlines’, with Christophe Waldner piano/keyboards, Cyril Billot bass and Kevin Borque drums/electronics.

Comment

‘The Kite’ from the 2021 album ‘Finding Seagulls’ by Little North – Benjamin Norholm Jacobsen piano, Martin Brunbjerg Rasmussen bass and Lasse Jacobsen drums.

Comment

‘Hold Me Tight’ from the 2021 album ‘Worry Not’ by Emma Johnson’s Gravy Boat. With Johnson on tenor saxophone, Richard Jones piano, Fergus Vickers guitar, Angus Milne bass and Steve Hanley drums.

Comment

‘Atlas’ from the 2012 album ‘And In The Night-Time She Is There’ by tenor saxophonist Trish Clowes, with Chris Montague guitar, Adam Robinson viola, Heidi Parsons cello, Louise McMonagle cello, Calum Gourlay bass and James Maddren drums.

Comment

The title track from the Alison Rayner Quintet’s 2016 album ‘A Magic Life’, with Rayner on bass, Diane McLoughlin soprano saxophone, Deirdre Cartwright guitar, Steve Lodder keyboards and Buster Birch drums.

Comment

‘Little Light’ from pianist Rebecca Nash’s 2019 album ‘Peaceful King’, with Nicholas Malcolm trumpet, Thomas Seminar Ford guitar/electronics, Chris Mapp bass/electronics and Matt Fisher drums.

Comment

‘Alpha Hydri’ from German bassist Carsten Hein’s 2018 album ‘This’, with Johannes Bohmer trumpet/cornet, Eldar Tsalikov clarinet and tenor saxophone, Hendrik Stiller keyboards and Bernd Ozsevim drums.

Comment

‘Snow vs Snow’ from the self-titled 2018 album by German quartet Cubolumos – Lasse Golz tenor saxophone, Mirko Gibson keyboards, Jonas Teichmann bass and Frederik Weisel drums.

Comment

‘More?’ from the 2020 album ‘Who Are You’ by vibraphonist Joel Ross, with Immanuel Wilkins alto saxophone, Jeremy Corren piano, Kanoa Mendenhall bass and Jeremy Dutton drums.

Comment

The title track from young British pianist Sultan Stevenson’s 2020 album ‘To Be Seen’, with Joe Hayes tenor saxophone, Josh Short trumpet, Jacob Gryn bass and Kai McCrae drums.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X