Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gjw100
    replied
    ‘Cache’ from the self-titled 2015 album by the Brendan Eder Ensemble, with Eder on drums and melodica, Henry Soloman alto saxophone, Sarah Robinson flute, Andrew Leonard clarinet and bass clarinet, Paul Curtis bassoon and Sam Wilkes bass.

Leave a comment:

• imp
    replied
    Loving Nala Sinephro's Space 1.8. The final 17-minute track is gorgeous and soothing.

Leave a comment:

• gjw100
    replied
    ‘Keinuvalssi’ from the self-titled 2019 album by Ville Vannemaa’s Cassiopeia’, with Vannemaa on soprano saxophone and clarinet, Kasperi Sarikoski trombone, Panu Savolainen vibraphone, Heikko Remmel bass and Jaska Lukkarinen drums.

Leave a comment:

• gjw100
    replied
    ‘Following A Lovely Sky Boat’ by harpist Alina Bzhezhinska, taken from her 2018 album ‘Inspiration’, which also features cover versions of four songs by Alice Coltrane. With Tony Kofi soprano/tenor saxophones, Larry Bartley bass and Joel Prime drums/percussion.

Leave a comment:

• gjw100
    replied
    ‘On The Corner’ from the 2018 album ‘On These Streets (A Baltimore Story’ by bass clarinettist Todd Marcus, with George Colligan piano, Paul Bollenback guitar, Warren Wolf vibraphone/drums, Kris Funn bass and Eric Kennedy drums.

Leave a comment:

• gjw100
    replied
    ‘Salon Winds’ from DJ/producer/percussionist Carlos Nino’s 2021 album ‘More Energy Fields, Current’, with Aaron Shaw flute and tenor saxophone, Jamael Dean keyboards, Nate Mercereau guitar synthesizer and Jamire Williams drums.

Leave a comment:

• gjw100
    replied
    ‘More Brilliant Centre’ from the 2020 triple album ‘Earthbound’ by Ian ‘IG Culture’ Grant’s Likwid Continual Space Motion collective, featuring Grant on keyboards and percussion, Dwayne Kilvington keyboards, Wayne Francis tenor saxophone, Nathaniel Cross trombone, Alex Phountzi guitar, Luke Wynter bass and Benjamin Appiah drums.

Leave a comment:

• gjw100
    replied
    ‘Dialogue Of The Deaf’ the title track from the 2021 EP by Finnish producer Heikki Soino’s Helsinki Headnod Convention, with Jarno Tikka tenor saxophone, Tomi Nikku trumpet, Jukka Haavisto bass and Joonas Leppanen drums.

Leave a comment:

• gjw100
    replied
    The title track from young British pianist Sultan Stevenson’s 2020 album ‘To Be Seen’, with Joe Hayes tenor saxophone, Josh Short trumpet, Jacob Gryn bass and Kai McCrae drums.

Leave a comment:

• gjw100
    replied
    ‘More?’ from the 2020 album ‘Who Are You’ by vibraphonist Joel Ross, with Immanuel Wilkins alto saxophone, Jeremy Corren piano, Kanoa Mendenhall bass and Jeremy Dutton drums.

Leave a comment:

• gjw100
    replied
    ‘Snow vs Snow’ from the self-titled 2018 album by German quartet Cubolumos – Lasse Golz tenor saxophone, Mirko Gibson keyboards, Jonas Teichmann bass and Frederik Weisel drums.

Leave a comment:

• gjw100
    replied
    ‘Alpha Hydri’ from German bassist Carsten Hein’s 2018 album ‘This’, with Johannes Bohmer trumpet/cornet, Eldar Tsalikov clarinet and tenor saxophone, Hendrik Stiller keyboards and Bernd Ozsevim drums.

Leave a comment:

• gjw100
    replied
    ‘Little Light’ from pianist Rebecca Nash’s 2019 album ‘Peaceful King’, with Nicholas Malcolm trumpet, Thomas Seminar Ford guitar/electronics, Chris Mapp bass/electronics and Matt Fisher drums.

Leave a comment:

• gjw100
    replied
    The title track from the Alison Rayner Quintet’s 2016 album ‘A Magic Life’, with Rayner on bass, Diane McLoughlin soprano saxophone, Deirdre Cartwright guitar, Steve Lodder keyboards and Buster Birch drums.

Leave a comment:

• gjw100
    replied
    ‘Atlas’ from the 2012 album ‘And In The Night-Time She Is There’ by tenor saxophonist Trish Clowes, with Chris Montague guitar, Adam Robinson viola, Heidi Parsons cello, Louise McMonagle cello, Calum Gourlay bass and James Maddren drums.

Leave a comment:

• gjw100
    replied
    ‘Hold Me Tight’ from the 2021 album ‘Worry Not’ by Emma Johnson’s Gravy Boat. With Johnson on tenor saxophone, Richard Jones piano, Fergus Vickers guitar, Angus Milne bass and Steve Hanley drums.

Leave a comment:

• gjw100
    replied
    ‘The Kite’ from the 2021 album ‘Finding Seagulls’ by Little North – Benjamin Norholm Jacobsen piano, Martin Brunbjerg Rasmussen bass and Lasse Jacobsen drums.

Leave a comment:

• gjw100
    replied
    ‘Wolves’ from the Foehn Trio’s 2020 album ‘Highlines’, with Christophe Waldner piano/keyboards, Cyril Billot bass and Kevin Borque drums/electronics.

Leave a comment:

• gjw100
    replied
    ‘Look Up’ from the 2020 EP of the same name by pianist Raffy Bushman, with Tom Driessler bass and Tom Michnik drums.

Leave a comment:

• gjw100
    replied
    Originally posted by Sunderporinostesta View Post
    I’m loving this thread by the way. Even though I only actually like maybe one in five or six or so of the tracks. Maybe I should’ve been “liking” them as I go? OK if I start now as I don’t want to unnecessarily clog up your box so to speak?
    Cheers. It's always good to get a post from someone else on the thread. I've got a pretty good idea of what the regulars on here like by now, but I'd be interested to hear what you are enjoying. I always try to mix things up across different styles, so a hit rate of one in five/six isn't bad I guess.

Leave a comment:

• Sunderporinostesta
    replied
    I’m loving this thread by the way. Even though I only actually like maybe one in five or six or so of the tracks. Maybe I should’ve been “liking” them as I go? OK if I start now as I don’t want to unnecessarily clog up your box so to speak?
    Last edited by Sunderporinostesta; 14-09-2021, 08:01.

Leave a comment:

• gjw100
    replied
    'Make No Gaps’ from Torbin Westergaard’s 2020 album ‘The Gori Project’, a Danish/Korean collaboration featuring Eunhee Choi on the gayagum (a Korean string instrument), Ryunggi Choi percussion, Rene Damsbak trumpet/electronics, Jacob Andreson percussion and Westergaard on bass and keyboards.

Leave a comment:

• gjw100
    replied
    The title track from pianist Katarzyna Wiktorski’s 2020 EP ‘From A Distance’, with Jade Nye alto saxophone, Chloe Sanger violin, Ffion Stokes cello, Alexi Kyrkilis cello, William Base bass and Oliver Hanane drums.

Leave a comment:

• gjw100
    replied
    ‘The Mediterranean Passage In The Age Of Refugees’ from Daniel Herskedal’s 2019 album ‘Voyage’, with Herskedal on tuba and bass trumpet, Maher Mahmod oud, Eyolf Dale piano, Bergmund Waal Skaslien viola and Helge Andreas Norbakken percussion.

Leave a comment:

• gjw100
    replied
    The title track from the 2020 album ‘Orca’ by the Kathrine Windfeld Big Band, with Windfeld on piano, Viktor Sandstrom guitar, Andre Bak, Rolf Sorensen and Magnus Oseth trumpets, Goran Abelli, Mikkel Aagaard and Anders Larson trombones, Jakob Lundbak, Magnus Thuelund, Roald Larsen, Ida Karlsson and Aske Drasbaek saxophones, Johnnes Vaht bass and Henrik Hansen drums.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X