Brexit Measures Against Overseas Acts Playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit Measures Against Overseas Acts Playing

"Acts wishing to play in the UK post-Brexit must pay ?240 for visas for each member and prove they have savings of around ?1000"

https://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/...d-visa-2675042

I immediately thought of Giuda, one of my favourite bands, who are Italian, play two to three hundred capacity venues in the UK and usually pop over to play one off shows in London once or twice a year. Can't see that happening any more. It's unlikely that even a full tour will be worth their trouble under these rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
      "Acts wishing to play in the UK post-Brexit must pay ?240 for visas for each member and prove they have savings of around ?1000"
      That's Bono fucked then

Comment

It's a disaster for the music industry - going both ways. More info here: https://www.musiciansunion.org.uk/Ho...it-and-the-Mus

Comment

We had long term plans on moving to SW France. I had visions of setting up a bit of a small venue circuit of 8-9 venues that could be done on a weeks holiday from work for U.K. bands over there. Mrs NS can work from anywhere and teach English.........all fucked by these fascist bully boy twats.

Comment

I'd think that the number of British acts going touring Europe is greater than the other way round, at least Britain used to be the more of an exporter than importer of pop music in Europe. I find it hard to believe that it still not the case. So, seems the UK has got more to lose than to gain from this.

Comment

Originally posted by Belhaven View Post
              seems the UK has got more to lose than to gain from this.
              That should be on the side of a bus.

Comment

Working...
              X