No announcement yet.

Musical politicians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul McCartney's Suicide was rejected by Frank Sinatra, so you'd be in good company.

Comment

Brian O'Malley, the MP for Rotherham between the early sixties and 1976 was sponsored by the Musicians Union, so I assume that he must've had some musical talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
        SNP MP Pete Wishart played keyboard for Runrig and Big Country.
        Donnie Munro, former Labour candidate (MP and MSP) was in Runrig at the same time.... must have been some interesting discussions.

Comment

The melody for the 1950s Tommy Edwards standard "All In The Game Of Love" was written in 1912 by future US vice-president and Nobel Peace Prize winner Charles Dawes as "Melody in A-Major".

Trivia factoid: only two Nobel laureates ever have topped the US charts as writers of a #1 hit: Charles Dawes and Bob Dylan. And Dawes and Sonny Bono are the only members of the US House of Representatives or Senate to have been credited with a US #1.

Comment

Henry VIII
            Frederick II of Prussia

Comment

He wasn't a musician, but former Irish prime minister Albert Reynolds made his money as a ballroom owner and promoter in the 60s and 70s, that and manufacturing dog food.

Comment

Does Cook County (Chicago) Commissioner Jerry Butler count as someone who was a musician first?

I thought that Krist Novoselic ran for an office at one point (off to Google), but his political opinions probably aren't going to be valued from this point on.

Comment

I can't believe that no-one's mentioned Cllr. David Van Day.

Comment

Working...
                  X