• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prince - I Wanna Be Your Lover

Comment

Billy Ocean - Caribbean Queen

Comment

Numero Group just re-issued Seam's first album. Their album came out after the first Codeine record but the Codeine record features a cover of a Seam song. How that came about I can't say. It's not like we're talking about the world of songwriters who want to do their own stuff (e.g., Neil Diamond writes a song purchased by the Monkees and then releases the song himself). I can't say that I prefer one version of the other, so I'll post both as today's ear worm(s).

Comment

Faith No More - Last Cup of Sorrow

Comment

Seems I'm on a Faith No More tip at present.

Midlife Crisis

Comment

Three things about this Starsailor earworm. First, it's bizarre that the official video is nowhere to be found on youtube in the US. There are versions with the album art and the song (posted below) and live versions from concerts and TV appearances. Second, I forget the name of the band constantly. I don't own any of their stuff, but I like this song a lot, but whenever I want to find it, I have to spend 5 minutes searching for lyrics. Third, the melody of the song is great, the verses are interesting, but the lyrics for the chorus are way too vanilla. I wish he would have done something different with the lyrics: "I turn to you and I say..." and it would be something not so vanilla. Of course, if I had an alternative, I'd be a songwriter and I'd have so much money that I would be in San Francisco right now watching the Dodgers beat the Giants instead of watching on TV and posting to OTF. Either way, here's the earworm.

Comment

Fun Boy Three - Our Lips Are Sealed

Comment

The song did well for Fun Boy Three, but I'd assume Hall has made more money from the Go-Go's sales than anything else beyond some Specials reunions.

Comment

Tom Robinson Band, 2-4-6-8 Motorway. The guitarist and Billy Idol and can a scowl competition.

Comment

Can I propose this FB3 live performance of Our Lips Are Sealed as the preferred version.

In the meantime, my earworm today is the funniest, jangliest song about academic I can recall - John K Samson's Postdoc Blues.

Comment

Happy Mondays - Kinky Afro

Comment

Aphrodite's Child - The Four Horsemen

(Caution: some strobe)

Comment

Baffled that something that was so obscure when I bought it is now an advert.

Comment

Wait until someone licences Gentle Giant.

Comment

Because I'm going to Belfast this coming week, my wife has been going round singing a song which I'd never heard before but which I discover was by Boney M and was successful. It's not like I was unaware of Boney M, but this track totally passed me by. Having now watched it, I can sort of understand why

Comment

I'm trying to think of a track that could be considered something that could be used in an advert. And I can think of a few other Aphrodite's Child tunes that could be used...

Comment

My first sentence was about Gentle Giant, but I was bulldozzed out of the way by a Sheffield Wednesday fan. Same as it ever was...

Comment

James Blake

Comment

Comment

Joyce Smith, "Leavin' on Your Mind"

Comment

Stereophonics - Is Yesterday, Tomorrow, Today?

Comment

I listened to that album non-stop for about a year after it was released. Can't stand it now, which means that this is incredibly galling.

Comment

I just discovered this is real.
                                                Experience Regina

I only learned about it because it was referenced here. But our Canadian correspondents are probably familiar.

Last edited by Hot Pepsi; 20-10-2021, 16:00.

Comment

Peter Jefferies, "The Fate of the Human Carbine"

Comment

The Slickee Boys were an early Washington DC punk band but the sound is a bit more new wave/power pop blend.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X