X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good choice Toby Gymshorts

Diolch

Comment

Because it was the last song* in Our Ladies in the pictures last night- In a Big Country

first as breathy-drippy modern cover, then the original

Comment

David Bowie - Let's Dance

Comment

A little alt.country for a Saturday evening. Uncle Tupelo, "Slate"

Comment

Sticking with some twang: Sarah Shook and the Disarmers, "Dwight Yoakam". I guess I could have posted this in the thread where artists name check other artists.

Comment

I'm a transport planner and we've been getting a few jobs from Pill this week. And so...

Comment

ABBA-The Name Of The Game. Specifically the “ooooooh YES I WANNA KNOW, What’s the name of the game” part.

Comment

This song has been absolutely wedged in my brain since seeing it at the festival. The whole set is well worth seeing, one of the all time great Reading headline shows :

Last edited by Ray de Galles; 10-09-2021, 14:30.

Comment

The post by hobbes in the intro thread had me thinking about Cure intros. I don't know if this is a great intro, although a very good one, but it is probably my favorite "late" Cure song.

Comment

The Church, "Destination" (the album was reissued in August so on the brain)

Comment

Aerosmith - Heart's Done Time

Comment

The kings of salaryman-style robotic street dance World Order and their infernally catchy Have A Nice Day single.

Last edited by Furtho; 23-09-2021, 19:57.

Comment

Mind-bendingly infectious live performance by Yello of their brass-heavy hit The Race.

Comment

Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way

Comment

Aha-The Living Daylights. All this Bond malarkey I think. I’m deliberately not linking this stuff for your own wellbeing.

Comment

There should be a Bastard button on this thread when some git puts a particularly annoying earworm in your head...

Comment

I'm sure Furtho didn't mean to annoy you.

Comment

Lounge Act - Nirvana:

Comment

At the risk of enraging GO again...

The (English) Beat - Mirror in the Bathroom

Comment

Now that I love...

Comment

The Wee Papa Girl Rappers - Wee Rule

Comment

The Streets - Geezers Need Excitement

Comment

At the risk of making GO explode...

Wings - Silly Love Songs

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                                  There should be a Bastard button on this thread when some git puts a particularly annoying earworm in your head...
                                                  My friend told me about a trick he learned from his friend: a head cleaner (a play on both the cassette or reel to reel head cleaner and cleaning out one's head). You need a song that you can go to wipe away a bad song that gets stuck in your head. I probably posted this idea before. But I have two (sometimes needed to wipe away a particularly infectious but crap song). My two are these and y'all are welcome to use them at your leisure. Haha.

Monkees

Pixies

Last edited by danielmak; 01-10-2021, 17:59.

Comment

Ta. To be fair to young Tobes, I don't actually listen to the tracks, but my brain knows certain songs so well that it automatically plays it to itself...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X