• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in neo-country/rock-babe mood these days

America's Sweetheart — Elle King

More Like Her — Miranda Lambert

Back on the Bottle — Lydia Loveless

Last edited by Amor de Cosmos; 28-04-2021, 20:55.

Comment

Wedding Present covering Pavement

Comment

Ahh! From so many trips gone by...

Hallogallo, thirty years before its rightful time.

Comment

Queensryche - The Needle Lies

Comment

The Pretenders, "Cuban Slide"

Comment

Bully with a cover of "Nothing Compares 2 U"

Comment

The Stooges - No Fun

Comment

David Bowie - Absolute Beginners

Comment

Hey now, hey now now
                    Sing this corrosion to me

Sisters of Mercy - This Corrosion

Comment

Love the first EPs and first album from the Sisters of Mercy. The Temple of Love EP was playing in a record store that I was in and hadn't heard the band before. I think it had just come out. I made my way straight to counter after putting away whatever I had been holding in my hands.

The Nerves, "Hanging on the Telephone" (later a hit when Blondie covered the song)

Comment

Slight change of pace.

Blur - The Universal

When they days, they seem to fall through you
                        Well just, let them go...

Comment

Maybe Killers (synth sound and melodies plus big bridge) mixed with Snail Mail (indie-ish vibe). Torres, "Don't Go Puttin Wishes in My Head"

Comment

Futureheads - Hounds of Love

(Could go in a "cover versions you really like" thread.)

Comment

Some 70s rock with UFO, "Doctor Doctor." I revisited this one after seeing that the album Force It is being reissued (although the song is from the previous album). Interestingly, that Force It album cover features a photo of Genesis P-Orridge and Cosey Fanni Tutti, which I didn't know until yesterday.

Comment

Obsession is probably (IMO) the best UFO album but Phenomenon isn't far behind.
                                Last edited by Toby Gymshorts; 16-05-2021, 22:24.

Comment

I like Kate Bush as a songwriter but have never bought any of her stuff because operatic vocal styles don't work for me. So, the covers are usually more interesting. That Futureheads cover is really good. Here's another that I like a lot, although I tend not to listen to the band a lot.

Comment

Today's earworm is the theme from Willo the Wisp. It's now driving me slightly spare.

Comment

Led Zeppelin - Communication Breakdown

Comment

Put your glam dancing shoes on for Ace Frehley's version of "New York Groove" from his Kiss solo album.

Comment

Suede - Trash

Comment

If I was asked to pick a favourite Neil Young song, it wouldn't be this one. If I was asked for Buffalo Springfield's best cut, it probably wouldn't be this either. But if you asked for a song that's haunted me for nearly sixty years it might be Nowadays Clancy Can't Even Sing. It helps that NY isn't the vocalist, Richie Furay does the honours which, correctly, was the band's unanimous choice. It's a song almost outside of both its time and genre. Musically it's almost a cabaret item, I could hear Sinatra singing it, or Tony Bennett. Except, that is, for the lyrics which could be no one else but Neil Young.

Comment

Face Down - The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus:

Comment

Famous Last Words - My Chemical Romance:

Comment

Following NS's last two emo posts with a different brand of emo: a super group of US midwesteners called Parting:

https://soundcloud.com/countyourluck...esse-eisenbird

Comment

The Avalanches - Since I Left You

Comment

Working...
                                                    X