Today's Earworm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've sort of got:

​​​​​...which always reminds me that Gavin Rossdale used to bully a mate of mine when they were at school together.

Comment

Blimey, Gripper Rossdale. The UK record buying public obviously recognised him as a wrong 'un.

Comment

TBH, Bonnie Langford could probably bully my mate.

Comment

Screaming and screaming until someone is sick is a recognised CIA torture technique. William would have known that intel gathered by such means has little value, however

Comment

I can't find the thread where this song was mostly discussed in the context of liking or not liking Queen, but even though I'm not a Queen fan/really a fan of Freddie's voice, I'd say that the original had way more energy. I figured I'd share this, though.

Comment

Johnny Cash - Wabash Cannonball

Comment

If you like Spacemen 3, Loop, The Stooges, hard psych stuff then you're gonna love this one from Astute Palate:

Comment

Too many hands on my time
                  Too many feelings
                  Too many things on my mind...

Rush - The Analog Kid

Comment

The Analog Kid is one of my favourite Rush songs, though it's really all about Lifeson's guitar break at 3:24.

He could just about do it live!

Comment

The main riff is one of his best.

If we're talking solos, then it's the middle-eastern inflected break of YYZ that does it for me.

Comment

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Maps

Comment

This was in my head as I woke up this morning. Possibly I heard it last Friday during BBC4's Stevie Wonder night.

Comment

The Go! Team - Ladyflash

Comment

Well, that's fun isn't it?

Comment

*nods enthusiastically*

Comment

Van Halen - Where Have All The Good Times Gone!

Comment

Ausencia is a LA-based punk band that sing in Spanish. They sound a bit like Leatherface mixed with The Clash. Here is "Mi Lugar En Este Mundo"

Comment

1 minute and 35 seconds of power pop/pop punk/garage rock brilliance:

Comment

El Condor Pasa (composed 1913) - 1963 instrumental version by Los Incas that was later given English lyrics by Paul Simon for the 'Bridge Over Troubled Water' album.

The latter was released as a single in the US (where it charted) but not UK AFAIK:

Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 14-11-2020, 16:10.

Comment

Jethro Tull - Aqualung

Comment

Sick Joke - Neck Deep:

Comment

There's a pocket diary in the bathroom where frau imp notes down her daily exercise output/body weight. On the front it just says LADY. So in a moment of boredom while cleaning my teeth I graffitied it yesterday with the prefix 'Because you're once, twice, three times a ...' Fucking joke's on me now, though, because I can't get rid of the bloody song.

Comment

Because I mentioned them on another thread...

Voivod - Nothingface

Comment

Walked in on frau imp watching series 4 of The Crown last night just as two people - possibly Diana and Charles - were dancing to The Boys' Town Gang I Can't Take My Eyes Off You. Luckily I love that song, so it's not been too bad having it as an earworm today. At least, not for me - can't speak for the rest of the family, scattering themselves like hunted grouse to all corners of the flat whenever I launch into my own unique version.

Comment

Been listening to a lot of this stuff while working from home. Shireen.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X