• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blanco Brown - The Git Up

Comment

MC Duke - I'm Riffin

Comment

Too obvious, but here are three powerpop gems from 20/20. I listed in order of preference for me, but if you want some Jam/Elvis Costello vibes, skip to the third song.

"Yellow Pills"

"Cherie"

"Nuclear Boy"

Comment

Wizzard - See My Baby Jive

Fuck's SAKE. Make it stop.

Comment

Has Guinea Pig Olympics been mentioned yet?

Comment

Sharon Van Etten, "Seventeen"

It's a big song in the same way that Arcade Fire makes some songs that feel big.

Comment

Prince and the New Power Generation - Diamonds and Pearls

Comment

Diamonds and Pearls has one of the most glorious leaps into the chorus ever written. Wonderful.

Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough - Michael Jackson. So many hooks, so gorgeous:

Shout by Tears For Fears has become a belated favourite: "In violent times, you shouldn't have to sell your soul"

Led Zeppelin - All My Love:

Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 25-02-2020, 14:10.

Comment

Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit

Comment

Out Run Soundtrack - Splash Wave

The best video game tune ever written. Don't @ me.

Comment

The only song I have literally never got bored of listening to, even when I've had it on permanent rotation:

Comment

Here's one to go with TG's posting of "White Rabbit." I had no idea The Monkees did this song. I thought it was by someone else or maybe I heard a cover in the past (looking for a cover is my next move after posting this). Definitely more of a psych/garage vibe than I normally associate with The Monkees.

Last edited by danielmak; 03-03-2020, 01:54.

Comment

The meds are doing strange things to my early morning REM these days. I had this at 5:00am and it wouldn't leave.

Comment

And the night before I was 13 again.

Comment

To follow AdC's Cricketts' post: Waylon Jennings was supposed to be on the flight that killed Buddy Holly, but Jennings gave up his seat to another band member who was sick and looking to avoid a long bus trip.

Comment

I've a strange obsession with PF Sloan (shared with a long time friend) I've no idea why. Jimmy Webb clearly shares it, so this is a frequent early morning shower song.

Comment

Some git had The Wheels On The Bus on Desert Island Discs this morning, just before I left for work...

Comment

Oh God. It''ll take a couple of weeks to shift. Row, Row, Row Your Boat is even worse.

Comment

Easiest way to shift an earworm is just sing a verse or two of suicide is painless. and you're ready to go on with your day. Guaranteed to even shift "Life is a rollercoaster" or anything.

Some great songs on here. Diamonds and Pearls is great. Prince just wrote so many great songs that are essentially, "You're the only girl for me, the only girl for me and my two female assistants, and my backing singer and a lot of my band."
                                        Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 07-03-2020, 23:46.

Comment

You'll never know, you'll never know...

Comment

(see the mundane photography thread)

Comment

This song has been going round my head for most of the past week. I had always wondered what that line "got the city on lockdown" meant.

Comment

Supergrass - I'd Like To Know

Comment

The guitar wig out at the end of that is possibly my favourite minute or so in all of music. The way it resolves back into major at the end for the uplift.....I wish I'd written that.

Gaz Coombes is a guitar god, there are no two ways about it.
                                                  Last edited by Toby Gymshorts; 16-03-2020, 01:24.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                    X