Today's Earworm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric Wizard - Legalise Drugs and Murder

Not the easiest to whistle at work, but it's worth the effort. Probably.

Comment

That seems like a parody of grunge.

Comment

Grunge ain't got shit on Doom.

Comment

Where's beak when you need him? Eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
            Where's beak when you need him? Eh?
            Summoned by the notification, I arrive. They're a funny one, Electric Wizard. I find they bear out a theory I've been ruminating on (and heard better expressed than I could by @lowenaffchen off Twitter), that stoner rock is such a simple formula it's incredibly easy to perfect. Hence, you don't need to the entire Electric Wizard back catalogue to enjoy Electric Wizard, you probabkly only need one album that's your favourite, and it's usually your favourite because it's the first one you got into. Dopethrone, in my case. So I'd never got around to listening to owt they were doing by 2012, but I really quite enjoyed that.

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
            That seems like a parody of grunge.
            Well they're both genres invented by Buzz Osborne, so....

Comment

Good, innit?

Comment

Kim Shattuck passed away last week. Here's a Muffs cover of "Kids in America." The melody of the opening verse (repeating later) is as good as the chorus and this cover is a great mix of rock, proto punk, and pop punk.

I guess it's worth adding the original as well for a more New Wave comparison:

Comment

SFA - Down a Different River

Comment

Comment

Troy Shondell — This Time

I was thirteen when this was released and it's been part of my soundtrack ever since. Love the boozy instrumental break. You just can't do things like that on purpose

Comment

For some reason I got the song from the Sheila's Wheels TV ad in my head for several hours this morning. A bad thing that was made even worse by not remembering half of the words, so I had an earworm of some loud Aussie women mumbling.

Comment

The song in my head is a Christian toe-tapper called Where Justice Rolls Down. I won’t link it because all the versions I found were especially cloying and awful.

Comment

This glorious bit of 80s cheese is stuck in my head. Enjoy.

Comment

'Thank You God' by Tim Minchin is constantly rotating in my head.

Comment

Someday, mother will die and I’ll get the money...

Comment

Motorcycle Circus - Luis Bacalov:

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                                    Someday, mother will die and I’ll get the money...

Mom leans down and says: "my sentiments exactly
                                    you sonofabitch" I palindrome I

Well, that's my next earworm sorted...

Comment

New Jack Theme - Living Colour:

Comment

TUNE.

Comment

Seen and raised:

Humble Pie - I Dont Need No Doctor

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                                            TUNE.

When I saw them live they did a cracking version of Should I Stay Or Should I Go:

Comment

Although they are from Los Angeles, Ausencia fit well with the Spanish punk bands shared earlier in this thread:

Comment

Love this.

Rockin' In The Free World - Wordwide Jam:

Comment

I am very late to the party, but since Saturday I am aware of the existence of King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard's album Fishing for Fishies, which somehow manages to bridge the gap between this:

and this:

in the space of nine tracks on a single album. The former track has these little surf guitars that have been lodged firmly into my brain since first hearing them, and the latter track sounds, as a Youtube commenter summarized, somehow as if it stems simultaneously from 1973 and 2073.

They released another album this year, which is trash metal. What a band.

Comment

McAlmont & Butler - Yes

Comment

Working...
                                                    X