Today's Earworm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble Adjusting - Miya Folick:

Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 17-07-2019, 20:14.

Comment

Seven Deadly Finns - Brian Peter George St John le Baptiste de la Salle Eno:

Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 28-07-2019, 21:05.

Comment

As an aside, how many other people's earthworms resemble a playlist?

In that there's oft repeating songs on it?

Comment

And thank you autouncorrect

That's this afternoon's one sorted.

https://youtu.be/xtw3f43gsYI

Comment

I'm a bit "funny" about revisiting the Pixies, the memory of the original incarnation is a bit too precious for me, but I do like this recent live performance of Gouge Away:

Comment

That was self-inflicted.

Most of the tracks from The Amazing Kamikaze Syndrome on rotation

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                A little exploration of the world of Spanish music in the early 80s. Polanski y el Ardor are categorised on wiki etc pages as punk but really they were not, the saxophone helping to create something a bit different. The group didn't last long but left some great songs, of which this is one:
                Thanks for these tips. I'll check these out.

I was in Spain for two weeks this summer and was more active chasing down some punk CDs.

I don't have the Exkorbuto CD in front of me but here's something from them:

But I like the Paralisis Permanente CD better:

Then I bought the latest CD from Crim, which sounds a bit like Leatherface:

After I got back, I mail-ordered a CD from Japan that I couldn't find while I was there. The Japanese seem to maintain a focus on CDs and often create discography CDs when bands tour there. Anyway, the Ultra discography is really good (hardcore). Here is some of what's on there:

Comment

I didn't really plan to share Spanish punk but can never resist conversations about punk. Anyway, I actually logged in to share this. I think there are some songs that seem like a cover would be a bad move given the quality or notoriety of the original. But James Blake and Justin Vernon do an amazing job with "The Sound of Silence":

Comment

i've given myself a chimeric earworm: "get up, stand up / robots in disguise"

Comment

Runn-ing through Par-is, we're runn-ing through Par-is...

Comment

For all the epic moments in your life:

Comment

When you're having a bad day at work:

Comment

This.
                            Good enough for Quincy Jones to cover it.

Comment

The Quincy Jones cover played afterward and it would be rude not to share because it's magic.

Comment

Take Me Home — Crystal Gayle and Tom Waits

Longer take from One From the Heart I prefer that, but this is very fine

Comment

I know there's a thread from the old board about 50s rock n roll but I'll post this R&B/Soul/50s Rock song here.

Al Garris, "That's All"

Comment

Fields of Fire - Big Country

Comment

If I Had $1,000,000 - Barenaked Ladies:

Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 23-08-2019, 17:13.

Comment

Hellbelly - Therapy?:

Comment

Very violent video in a Kill Bill sort of way, and an old track. I'm sure I heard this one in the past, but came across it last week and I can't get the melody out of my head and the beat is dope. So I'll pass it along:

Last edited by danielmak; 06-09-2019, 06:13.

Comment

I would assume that there are about 4 unique lines total in this song, I have no idea what they're saying in the song, but it's catchy as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by danielmak View Post

Then I bought the latest CD from Crim, which sounds a bit like Leatherface:

Just seen this. I'd never heard of them. Good to hear people singing in Catalan. And a pretty good early morning sound to get me out of my Friday morning stupor.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

Just seen this. I'd never heard of them. Good to hear people singing in Catalan. And a pretty good early morning sound to get me out of my Friday morning stupor.
                                                I'm glad you like it. When I was in Barcelona last summer, I went into a few record shops near the hotel and asked for old and new punk CDs. The first shop referred me to some old stuff and then this other shop had some newer stuff, including Crim. I don't know why that Youtube video does not start at the beginning. I've tried to re-copy the link even setting 0:00 as the starting point with no luck. Anyway, here is their bandcamp link if you want to hear other records. I haven't had time to dig into the other releases yet. Hopefully I'll be back in Spain next summer and will see if he can get some other Spanish punk CDs for me.

https://crim.bandcamp.com/

Comment

The riff. The riff is everything.

Anthrax - The Constant

Comment

I’ve had Rhett Miller’s “Our Love” in my head for days. It’s a good song, but not that good.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X