Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think I posted this one before. Blondie, "Union City Blue"

Comment

Tightrope by the Stone Roses. Off key harmonies and all.

Comment

Just to point out that if they're off key, they ain't harmonies.

Comment

Well they sound fucking horrible if catchy, whatever they are.

Comment

Green Day - She

Comment

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k4M53xndqiU every time I hear Landslide I have to stop myself crying.
                Last edited by Lang Spoon; 10-02-2019, 00:50.

Comment

Disarm - Smashing Pumpkins

Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 13-02-2019, 16:34.

Comment

Are we allowed two in a day?

Pork & Beans - Weezer

Comment

Frank Ocean's "Swim Good"

Comment

Doing two today. This is radically different than the Frank Ocean post.

Any fans of Sacrilege? Great thrash/hardcore (bit more hardcore than thrash): Subversive Rite

Comment

For some super-catchy uptempo indiepop with a charismatic female singer, I've come back to Help Stamp Out Loneliness' Pacific Trash Vortex, which is here.

Comment

I Feel Love Coming On Felice Taylor.

Here we go then...

Comment

Some lovely harmonies in here:

Comment

"It's All Been The Same", LANZ & Mina Tindle

https://lanz.bandcamp.com/track/its-...at-mina-tindle

Comment

The eponymous debut album by Rush turns 45 today. In recognition, today's earworm is:

Comment

The Pink Panther cartoon theme music! I never saw any proof that he was a gentleman, a scholar or especially an acrobat, what I do know is that he's been in my head all morning and it's good to share, enjoy!

Comment

Bluetones - Cut Some Rug

Comment

The Dead South - In Hell I'll Be In Good Company

Comment

Mayonaise - Smashing Pumpkins:

Comment

Had A-ha's The Living Daylights for a week now, since I saw it on TOTP.

Comment

Don't Look Back Into The Sun - The Libertines:

Comment

Two pieces of music that I knew as a kid from listening to the radio. Every morning before School I would get up to have my Porridge, and the Sting for RTE in the morning was Mairead ni Chathasaigh and Chris Newman (harp and guitar) playing a piece of music, and I went looking for it, but couldn't find their version but I did find the Original. I don't know what kind of Genre this is. It's played by bluegrass Musicians, but musically is a lot closer to Ragtime, or New Orleans Jazz./ stephane Grapelli.

Bill Keith, Beating around the Bush.

This version of it is extraordinary. This guy is really fucking good. The Variations in this are class, and his technique is so smooth.

The Other piece of music that I can't really get out of my head is the theme from Weekending, which was a not particularly good "Spitting Image on the Radio" show on Radio 4 at 11.00 pm on a Friday night. The Keyboard riff they used for the Theme music was brilliant though. Then a couple of months Ago I discovered on Facebook, that it's part of a much longer, truly amazing song.

Party Fears Two.

Comment

For the last four days I've had one of the most persistent earworms I can ever remember - '(Fuck A) Silver Lining' by Panic! At The Disco since they opened with it at their excellent O2 show last week. Fan made video, by the way ;

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rGM...4GXAxmQyB/view

Ostensibly I was taking my children but after four gigs by them in the last three years I think I'm now the biggest fan of the band in my family.
                                                  Last edited by Ray de Galles; 01-04-2019, 16:58.

Comment

I've noticed that lately my earworms seem to get more persistent, more... wormy. I was wondering if that was a function of age - is it harder to 'overwrite' information in an older brain?

Or is it just that most of the earworms have been from songs on the TOTP repeats, and songs were better then?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X