X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh for fuck's sake.

Ver Quo - ​​​What You're Proposing

Comment

The alarm which is one of the worst mechanical inventions after weapons woke me up and for some reason this song was rattling around my head. I have no idea why. I had been on a little Rancid kick a month or so back but listening to earlier albums.

Comment

The Alabama Song — Lotte Lenya (Music: Kurt Weill, Lyrics: Berthold Brecht)

The original 1930 recording

Gives me goosebumps.

Comment

The Jam - Start!

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
            The Jam - Start!

Aka Taxman.

Comment

Genuine earworm, probably because it's a short, smutty ditty (well, it is the Bloodhound Gang).

I remember Mackstress saying that she found the group's immature, schoolboy filth endearing rather than threatening, or words to the effect, so hopefully no-one is too offended.

Anyway, the video is probably NSFW but I give you Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo. I'm not even convinced that most of these euphemisms weren't made up on the spot - I've certainly not heard of most of them:

Comment

Pleeeeeeaaaaaase release me, let me goooooo...

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                  Pleeeeeeaaaaaase release me, let me goooooo...

That was my mum's favourite song.

When I suggested that we play it at her funeral, my sister wisely pointed out that the lyrics might not be wholly appropriate for the occasion, with her grieving husband, children and other family members in attendance.

Comment

I'm a sucker for some screaming electric guitar and I used to listen to this live version of the Scorpions' Speedy's Coming all the time:

This filmed performance is almost as good, mainly for Uli Jon Roth's bit of guitar-wrangling at the beginning:

Comment

I'll add to the quantity of Nirvana posts of late (in part tied to Steve Albini's death). I started reading Gina Arnold's book about punk breaking in the 1990s (to borrow Dave Markey's documentary title). Anyway, she writes about dancing to this one at a club in Hawaii and I remembered how good this was when it first came out (and still is).

Comment

Originally posted by danielmak View Post
                        I'll add to the quantity of Nirvana posts of late (in part tied to Steve Albini's death). I started reading Gina Arnold's book about punk breaking in the 1990s (to borrow Dave Markey's documentary title). Anyway, she writes about dancing to this one at a club in Hawaii and I remembered how good this was when it first came out (and still is).

Aneurysm is a great track, probably in my Nirvana Top 5, but I'll admit that I'm having trouble envisaging "dancing" to it!

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

Aneurysm is a great track, probably in my Nirvana Top 5, but I'll admit that I'm having trouble envisaging "dancing" to it!
                          Pogo. Bodies crammed together in motion while headbanging a bit.

Comment

Hard Skin, "That's Bollocks Mate"

Comment

Working...
                            X