No announcement yet.

Today's Earworm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roam by the B-52s has refused to budge for the last week or so now.

Comment

Intriguing. I've had a couple of nasty earworms from the B52s in my time, but not that one. Wasn't sure I'd heard the song before playing that YouTube. Then realised of course I know it, but had no idea it was them.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
        Intriguing. I've had a couple of nasty earworms from the B52s in my time, but not that one. Wasn't sure I'd heard the song before playing that YouTube. Then realised of course I know it, but had no idea it was them.
        I'd pay a trained professional to help me blot out Love Shack as soon as I heard those drums and the words "If you see a faded...", but I really like Roam. Melodically, it's lovely.

Comment

It is quite nice, agreed. Nothing like as horrible as the one you mention. Or the even worse "Rock Lobster".

Comment

Deviants into Blondie is a good back to back selection.

Here is Superchunk from their first album:

Comment

The Beatles - Lady Madonna

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                It is quite nice, agreed. Nothing like as horrible as the one you mention. Or the even worse "Rock Lobster".
                I love Rock Lobster.

Comment

As much as I hate it?

Comment

Hopefully...

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                      I love Rock Lobster.
                      As do I, though Roam is better. I fucking detest Loveshack though.

Comment

I love The B-52's up to and including Mesopotamia, afterwards less so. Loveshack is very annoying, if not quite as bad as their Flintstones theme.

Comment

Depeche Mode - New Life

Comment

Liza Minnelli - Losing My Mind

Comment

Vapors, "Waiting for the Weekend"

Comment

Ozzy Osbourne - Shot in the Dark

Comment

Springsteen, Two Hearts. I always forget how much I like the driving rhythm of this song. Watching the live video seems so different now in a COVID context. I find myself thinking, "You really can't share a mic like that." haha.

Comment

Gosta Berlings Saga - Basement Traps

Since first hearing this CD in my car on Saturday morning, my 9-year old son has spent the weekend learning the synth hooks and basslines from this and so it is stuck in all our heads today...

Comment

New single from Bully:

Comment

REM - Can't Get There From Here

Comment

Faith No More - We Care a Lot

Comment

Eric Burden and the Animals, "Good Times"

Comment

Today's earworm comes courtesy of upstairs dickhead, whose constant noise I don't usually have to endure during working hours Monday - Friday.

Ugly Kid Joe - Everything About You

Last edited by Toby Gymshorts; 13-12-2021, 12:11.

Comment

Bruce Cockburn has always been "too CBC" for my taste (hard to explain but WOM will understand.) Also, he reminds me of Bugs Bunny, never a good look for a serious folkie (cf John Denver.) But I've gotta admit he has written some decent songs over the years. This is maybe my favourite, courtesy, of course of todays Q episode:

Comment

Such a great song.

Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell

Comment

Lauren Laverne played this earlier so I'm guaranteed to be muttering this to myself ALL BLOODY DAY.

DJ Zinc - Super Sharp Shooter

Comment

Working...
                                                    X