Today's Earworm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by delicatemoth View Post
    Two big multi-day earworms so far this year. 'Doot Doot' by Freur, which I heard once on the radio and came to stay for a week in consequence. It's a fine record, but that was a bit much. Then David Bowie's 'Be My Wife' randomly parked in my brain for a few days.

Not an earworm, but a song I've heard a few times recently is 'Baby Milk Snatcher' by AR Kane and it sounds delicious. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Np2jk6Pp5A
    The latter was played on 6Music at the weekend - and subsequently wedged itself into my brain the following night. A R Kane had some moments (Lolita, Listen Up) and were probably the loudest band I've experienced in an indoor setting.

Freur - remember vaguely liking Doot-Doot at the time, but suffice to say that it ain't Karl Hyde's best moment.

Comment

The song is certainly somber but the video perhaps heightens the sadness. So, maybe minimize the browser and just listen. For me, it's the best song of the year so far. Sounds big without being heavy sounding, which hopefully makes sense.

Comment

Stick with another member of Boy Genius (along with Julien Baker from yesterday). Probably Phoebe Bridgers' poppiest song.

Comment

This one has 3 songs in one video, but the first song is the earworm. The opening lines are really good. And the Carol King/Carly Simon vibe works for me.

Comment

When You Sleep - My Bloody Valentine:

Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 23-01-2021, 14:12.

Comment

I listened to this one because Pitchfork kind of click-baited with Phoebe Bridgers making a very brief appearance in the video, but it's a good alternative pop song in the vein of Matthew Sweet, Railway Children, Michael Penn, Longwave:

Comment

A little bit of Husker Du and a little bit of Motorhead and out comes Leatherface:

Comment

Some things look bett-uh bay-beh, just pass-in through...

Comment

I've had The National's About Today in my head for two days, for no apparent reason. Always a pleasure. I listened to it last night to fuel the worm, then I watched an extended live version on YouTube as I remembered seeing them live in the US three times and every time they finished with a noise-out version that was moving in every way. It was the first song I ever heard by them, on a compilation CD (I've a feeling I might have written this on OTF very recently, so apologies if this seems familiar, but what the hell, maybe it was an email to someone), and is possibly the greatest song ever so it can stay in my brain as long as it likes.

Comment

Sounds like 2 different songs. When the song shifts gears half-way through, it's a ripper. Come, "Off to One Side"

Last edited by danielmak; 01-02-2021, 06:03.

Comment

"The Falling Dream" from The Nightmares has a bit of a Swervedriver meets Teenage Fanclub vibe with a synth floating through. Also, might be of interest to C-86 fans.

https://thenightmares666.bandcamp.co...ve-up-the-hoax
                        Last edited by danielmak; 10-02-2021, 01:40.

Comment

Get in the swing, pal
                          Get in the swing
                          With everybody and everything

Comment

HEY THERE, YOU WITH THE SAD FACE! COME UP TO MY PLACE, AND LIVE IT UP!

Comment

Valarie — Jackie And the Starlites

Cry your heart out Johnny Ray
                              Last edited by Amor de Cosmos; 20-02-2021, 02:35.

Comment

The Undecided? — Make Her Cry

Comment

Steely Dan - Do It Again

Comment

"Get yer hedge cut,
                                    Get yer fuckin' hedge cut..."

Half Man Half Biscuit - Every Time a Bell Rings

Comment

New video from Horsegirl (3 women in high school in Chicago--great to see/hear teenagers making music since the 21+ age for most clubs probably affects who starts bands). RIYL: Ride meets Sonic Youth meets Breeders

More songs here: https://thisishorsegirl.bandcamp.com...t-of-horsegirl

Comment

David Bowie - Always Crashing in the Same Car

Comment

Green Day - Poprocks and Coke

Comment

Belouis Some - Imagination

Uh, yeah, this version of the video is NSFW. Soz.

Comment

Deep Purple - Burn

Comment

20 year old memories of staying up too late and watching MTV's chill out zone had me thinking about this.

Comment

Hah... with Rickie Lee Jones doing the narration. Excellent!

Comment

Hello song I've not thought about for over 10 years but have had stuck in my head for 2 days.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X