No announcement yet.

Today's Earworm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Day In The Life with orchestra - The Beatles (arr. Sam Haug)

Comment

Go With The Flow - QotSA:

Comment

"A new royal family, a wild nobility...."

Adam and the Ants - Kings of the Wild Frontier

Comment

Originally posted by danielmak View Post
          Interpol, "Evil" When they first started to gain some traction, it seemed like every music critic was all over the Joy Division comparison, which makes sense. But I also hear a lot of Human League in the vocals and melodies. Either way, a band I dig, but I also like Joy Division and Human League.

Have to say that I'm absolutely loving this track, Daniel, creepy video notwithstanding. Any similar recommendations?

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

Have to say that I'm absolutely loving this track, Daniel, creepy video notwithstanding. Any similar recommendations?

Listening to Interpol an album at a time is good. But longer mixes start to wear thin because the band doesn't change. But I dig this band. So check out all of their records. ( https://www.discogs.com/artist/71725-Interpol )

The first record from XX has a very similar vibe ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFq6...-kRWzi3Lgew99E )

I shared links to Product KF in the post-punk thread. Their sound is a bit darker (very Joy Division) but I really like their two tapes: https://p-kf.bandcamp.com/album/product-kf

Yeah Yeah Yeahs came up around the same time as Interpol in New York. I would check out this record ( https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...2093FF6A2446E8 )

Finally, check out thread: https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...st-punk-thread

Hopefully something in this list will speak to you, NS.
            Last edited by danielmak; 05-10-2020, 23:46.

Comment

Excellent. Many thanks.

Comment

Excellent. Many thanks.
                I realized after posting those that your Queens of the Stoneage post above has some overlap with Interpol: darker, driving, alternative rock. I shared this earworm in the past; it's a recurring earworm for me and perhaps more fitting than most of what I already recommended since I focused a bit more on the darker sounds of Interpol.

Comment

Madness - The Prince

Comment

TV on the Radio, "Staring at the Sun"

Comment

Roots Manuva - Swords in the Dirt

Comment

All day. Not complaining. Man, Randy Rhoads was fucking cool.

Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train

Also, I love the animation. Quentin Blake on whatever Ozzy felt like giving him. Fantastic.

Comment

Continuing the Ozzy theme...

Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

Comment

This one is as much of an eyeworm as an earworm. Midland's "Burn Out" has a sound that slots into a wave of honky tonk country music that was starting to become very big business (Clint Black, Alan Jackson). The video is excellent: one long shot and an homage to the film, Urban Cowboy.

Last edited by danielmak; 12-10-2020, 00:35.

Comment

Excellent. Many thanks.
                              Oh and one more that is really three more. Dan Boeckner has been involved with a variety of projects that have a similar energy to Interpol but less post-punk vocal style.

His first band, which recently reformed is Wolf Parade (guitars on this one are a little noodly):

Then he had a band with his ex-wife or girlfriend.

Handsome Furs also has a really good song called What About Us but the video is NSFW so I won't post that here.

And he has a side project called Divine Fits with Britt Daniel (singer for Spoon) and some other guys. Britt seems to sing on most of the tracks:

Comment

Thanks, again. I'll report back when I've had a chance to listen to the linked material.

Comment

After hearing the Donald bought broadcast rights for Macho Man, it's Tu Pi Ne Da

Comment

Had this for three days now

Roxy Music - Do The Strand

Comment

Anthrax - Armed and Dangerous

Comment

Because some were throwing shade on Jackie DeShannon's version of Bette Davis Eyes, it brought her to mind, and not for the first time either. She was real good, so good she opened for The Beatles on their first US tour. Here's why:

Comment

HMHB - Mathematically Safe

Comment

For some reason...

The Legendary Stardust Cowboy - Paralyzed

Comment

Get Me To The World On Time. Early psychedelia with The Electric Prunes and the Bigsby Wiggle Stick.

Comment

And 1966 proto-garage-punk from Music Machine. Note the single glove on each band member. Eat your heart out Michael.

Comment

N*E*R*D - Rock Star

Comment

I've got Status Quo's What You're Proposing, thanks to wingco's Biden foreign policy thread, and it is properly stuck in there.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X