Today's Earworm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's Earworm

Bizarrely, the theme tune to obscure 1970's Invisible Man rip-off series The Gemini Man.

Comment

Today's Earworm

Blondie - Hanging on the Telephone

Comment

Today's Earworm

I'm gonna hit the highway like a batterin' ram,
        I'm a Cilla Black fan alright

Comment

Today's Earworm

I've got two for today:

Pop punk/noisy indie pop from a band called Calyx out of Pittsburgh:
          https://calyxpgh.bandcamp.com/album/make-a-freak-feel-clean

The Kills with a cover of Fleetwood Mac's "Dreams"
          https://soundcloud.com/concordmusicgroup/dreams-the-kills

Comment

Today's Earworm

No fucking "Sweet Escape" from this one...

Akon (and his bank manager) should be throroughly ashamed of himself.

Comment

Today's Earworm

I'm concerned about this. Lately the earworms I've been having feel really loud and hard to tune out. It's one of things making it hard for me to sleep or stay focused when I'm awake and exhausted.

Lately, the song has been Psychedelic Furs "Heartbreak Beat." Really loud, including the annoying saxophone bits. Intermittently, I get "Tubthumping," but partly They Might Be Giant's cover of it and partly Chumbaumba's version. And then sometimes I get Simon & Garfunkle's "Only Living Boy in New York" interspersed with their "America" - the one about riding a bus from Michigan to, apparently, New Jersey or New York, with Cathy, back when they allowed people to smoke on buses, apparently.

Comment

Today's Earworm

I get that, too. I wake up through night (on the occasions I sleep) with music in my head, almost as if it's woken me up.

It's been Cat Stevens / Yusuf Islam's "Matthew and Son" for about a week. No decent version on YouTube, I'm afraid.

Comment

Today's Earworm

This version is ok. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG7woCQkGUw

I recall a long time ago we had a long discussion here about why anyone would buy cold coffee with their cake.

Comment

Today's Earworm

Hot Pepsi wrote: Intermittently, I get "Tubthumping," but partly They Might Be Giant's cover of it
                    Well, that sent me down a TMBG rabbit hole. Time to revisit the it-sounds-as-if-it-was-written-for-2016 I Should Be Allowed To Think, and what might very well be my favorite Christmas song, their Santa's Beard (not a Beach Boys cover).

Comment

Today's Earworm

It's taken me about a month to shake Warren Zevon's Desperadoes Under the Eaves, and Iris Dement singing Livin' In The Wasteland of the Free. They've been on rotation in my head since the US election. Once in a while Amy Rigby shows up with Do You Remember That? to add a bit of levity, for which I'm grateful.

Comment

Today's Earworm

Sorry AdeC: you mention Warren, I fall apart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww2AYxrPqkk

Pertinence, is everything.

Comment

Today's Earworm

This one has been stuck in my head for ages. First it's the vocal and then it's the guitar line, followed by "There's always a moron, someone to hate". One of his best ever tracks in my opinion.

David Bowie - Fall Dog Bombs The Moon

Comment

Today's Earworm

Well, that sent me down a TMBG rabbit hole. Time to revisit the it-sounds-as-if-it-was-written-for-2016 I Should Be Allowed To Think , and what might very well be my favorite Christmas song, their Santa's Beard (not a Beach Boys cover).
                            This sent me back down a TMBG rabbit hole and now I've had "Dr Worm' stuck in my head at high volume for a week.

Comment

Today's Earworm

The singer out of Slipknot went to Rome to see the Pope
                              and the Pope said to his aide:

Who the fucking hell are Slipknot?
                              Who the fucking hell are Slipknot?
                              Who the fucking hell are Slipknot
                              in relation to me getting out of bed?

Comment

Today's Earworm

In the last four days, I've visited two different grocery stores. The Weis near me and the Wegmanns on the other side of town. On both occasions, as I entered the store, The Motels' 1983 hit "Suddenly Last Summer," was playing in the store Musak system.

I suppose maybe both stores subscribe to the same Musak service, and maybe this song about summer that peaked at #9 on Billboard is enjoying an resurgence in the winter of 2017, but the odds of hearing it twice in a week while entering two different stores is remarkable.

Anyway, now it's stuck in my head.

Comment

Today's Earworm

Three days in, and the Adele one with a slightly tribal-sounding oom-pah chorus is driving me bloody insane. Just the start of the chorus. Seriously, I'm in trouble here.

Comment

Today's Earworm

So having looked it up it's called Send My Love (To Your New Lover). I know this because I just flipped and decided to force myself to do LRTT (Listen Right Through Therapy).

Hasn't worked yet.

Comment

Today's Earworm

From your description, I thought you were talking about Rolling In The Deep.

Comment

Today's Earworm

I honestly wouldn't know!

Comment

Today's Earworm

McGuinness Flint- When I'm Dead And Gone.

Comment

Today's Earworm

Jimmy Bo Horne - Dance Across The Floor

Comment

Today's Earworm

Sits wrote: Three days in, and the Adele one with a slightly tribal-sounding oom-pah chorus is driving me bloody insane. Just the start of the chorus. Seriously, I'm in trouble here.
                                              I'm convinced one of the reasons behind Adele's relative prestige is the fact that she looks like someone's ma, so if you're, say, a professional type who craves some sort of artistic respectability, you can take solace in the fact that she's not 'one of those pop slags who sell their bodies'.

Comment

Today's Earworm

She is someone's ma.

Comment

Today's Earworm

Bruce Springsteen- Hard To Be a Saint in the City

Comment

Today's Earworm

Garfunkel & Oates - God's Loophole. (NSFW)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X