• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duets

Willie Nelson and Carole King

Joe Zawinul and Wayne Shorter

Comment

You probably want pop & stuff, so I hope Emmylou Harris features with one of her many singing partners somewhere.

But the wife had on some opera today, including this beautiful duet from The Pearl Fishers featuring Bjorling & Merrill.

https://youtu.be/Zdb94HbyRko

Comment

Arthur Mullard and Hylda Baker

Comment

Marvin Gaye & Kim Weston - It Takes Two:

Comment

Probably my favourite duet is this gorgeous homemade 4-track demo, tape hiss and all, by The Imaginary Friend, called Brighton Beach Postcard (Sonar Ping mix).

Comment

Country music is a goldmine for great duets. George Jones & Racist Tammy; Porter Wagoner & Dolly Parton; Johnny Cash & June Carter; Kris Kristofferson & Rita Coolidge; Gram Parsons & Emmylou Harris, Patsy Cline & Jim Reeves, Merle Haggard & Bonnie Owen, etc.

And Conway Twitty & Loretta Lynn were a perfect pairing. Their You're The Reason Our Babies Are Ugly is wonderful in every way.

Comment

Roberta Flack and Donnie Hathaway

I Who Have Nothing

Comment

These two were pretty good, come to think of it

Comment

Porter and Dolly... You'd have to have a heart of stone or ears of cloth not to love it

Nice pick by Nef of Roberta Flack and Donny Hathaway. I'd add a few of their duets, but above all, the incredibly sensual Be Real Black For Me (the intro samples Scarface's majestic "My Block")

Comment

Pinky and Perky sing The Beatles:

Comment

Working...
                      X