No announcement yet.

Eurovision 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was not expecting that. Although much of Little Big's normal repertoire probably wouldn't be broadcast by eurovision

Comment

Belgium's, "Release Me" by Hooverphonic is pure Adele Bond Theme.
      Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 12-05-2020, 19:36.

Comment

The BBC are showing all 41 songs in a methadone Eurovision tomorrow night as part of a weekend of dedicated programming.
        Last edited by Ray de Galles; 16-05-2020, 09:47.

Comment

I saw that when I bought my "Have a Shit!" TV guide so didn't watch last night's live on youtube. Signora Rogin and I will be watching, and chatting online to the other two couples we normally have a house party with. I'm still not entirely sold on the idea that you can actually enjoy a musical performance without being able to score it in some arbitrary way.

Comment

The only fun of Eurovision is working yourself up into a righteous fury about all the people voting for the songs you don't like, while ignoring the ones who are clearly superior. Take the voting away and it's just a bunch of shit songs.

Comment

We need more than 30 seconds for each one.

Comment

There's been a couple of good ones, which only get half a minute, and then some tedious singer songwriter cunt who gets to dirge us all to death. Twat.

Comment

Effie got bored, so we stopped watching.

Comment

There were two or three really good pop songs (Ireland, Lithuania, Azerbaijan) and a few really good ballads (Belgium, Italy, ours). But thIs would have won.

https://youtu.be/L_dWvTCdDQ4

Comment

Them or Iceland would have been worthy winners.

I didn't post here as I was having a watch party with some people but really enjoyed it. Parts of it were genuinely emotional, especially the landmarks of each country, some of the singalongs and the Italian performance in a deserted amphitheatre.

Loads of dogs in the videos and interviews too, which is a bonus.

Comment

After a 13 year sabbatical from attending Eurovision to have 4 kids, my wife had tickets for this year and is still fuming it appears they’ll re-do the ballot for 2021.

The heady days of dressing as cabin crew and a schoolgirl to match the U.K. entry seem long gone now, this year she would have resorted to the drunk middle aged teacher costume presumably.

Comment

How many of the songs weren't sung in English?

Comment

France, Italy and Serbia I think. Well, and that Russian one.

Comment

France had to be one of them!

Comment

Working...
                              X