Best album cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnr View Post
    I always loved the gatefold of EW&F's 'I Am' (but don't know how to post images on here),

https://img.cdandlp.com/2015/03/imgL/116151399-3.jpg

Comment

Ta, caja.

Comment

That’s impressive, never saw it before.

Comment

Wow... Maurice White's legs must have been 15 feet long.

Comment

Comment

I think we need a quick how-to guide to image posting here!

Very basic steps:
              1. Do an internet search for your chosen album cover.
              2. Open the image file on a page of its own, i.e. ending with .jpg or .png or whatever in the browser's address bar.
              3. Copy that URL from the address bar.
              4. Go to make new post in this thread.
              5. Click on image linking button in the post editor – it's the one with a rectangle containing a stylised mountain landscape in silhouette, immediately to the right of the paperclip icons and two to the left of the quote icon.
              6. Paste in image URL in the box that pops up.
              ...or, assuming instead you've got that far but are then running into trouble, go straight to:
              1. Underneath the URL you've just pasted in, there's a checkbox labelled "Retrieve remote file and reference locally". Untick/uncheck it.
              2. To post the image at smaller than full size/full page-width, click under 'Width' at the bottom-left of this options box, and input your preferred display size in pixels, e.g. 300 or 400. The height will automatically adjust to keep the proportions.
              3. Now hit OK, and the image should appear in the post editor.
              Last edited by Various Artist; 24-02-2020, 23:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                I’ve used a bit of album cover poster’s licence, in that what I put up was the front cover, and part of the rear. The full “outside gatefold” has a track listing to the left of Clarence, and the front cover is Bruce leaning on someone’s shoulder
                Oh, that wasn't the 'problem', Sits – I realised as soon as I googled the album myself that the front cover alone only shows part of the full image, but it wasn't like this was confusing me. I simply meant that I didn't recognise it at all.

Like I said, the styling, typography, everything, was completely new on me – I assumed I ought to recognise the cover, so this was very disorientating to discover!

And this was only compounded by the design looking like nothing to do with the time the album was made. If you'd shown me the image out of context, I would've totally assumed it was some kind of 21st-century repackaging for a special edition or something, say an outer card sleeve. A bit like how the 1990 Bowie 2-CD Singles Collection I own came with its original cover...

...but inside a cardboard slipcase looking like this for its late-'90s reissue:

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                    I think we need a quick how-to guide to image posting here!
                    Thanks for this. Personally, I kept getting an error that the extension JPG could not be used to post but I don't think I was unchecking the box. So, I keep using Imagur to upload files and then copy the large thumbnail code.

Comment

Originally posted by danielmak View Post

Thanks for this. Personally, I kept getting an error that the extension JPG could not be used to post but I don't think I was unchecking the box. So, I keep using Imagur to upload files and then copy the large thumbnail code.
                      That is a common fail-point. Mostly because it makes no intuitive sense. It has been driving Snake somewhat crazy as he cannot get the default to let people perform minimal action.

Comment

Especially as the error message (that the file type is not supported) makes much more intuitive sense than the message one needs to uncheck (which sounds rather like what one would want it to do).

Comment

Does anyone else just click the camera image then drag and drop pic into the proffered box?

Comment

I normally am on multiple tabs and drag-drop skills are not my forte.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ethan View Post
                              Does anyone else just click the camera image then drag and drop pic into the proffered box?
                              From my own files yes. but if I'm linking from another source an 'http(s)' prefix is required I believe. Also, so far as I can see, you can't resize with the drag and drop, which is why there are such effing massive images in the photo thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ethan View Post
                                Yes, very easy on an iPad as, once clicking inside the dashed frame, an option is to select from my own photos. Generally I’ve found it’s quickest to save a searched image to my own folders, long enough to post it here, then delete again.

Comment

This looks bloody difficult, but I reckon Grace can still do this now without any trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony C View Post
                                    Can were touring with the Stooges at the time, and were apparently impressed by the frontman's flatulence. Iggy bum gassy...

I'll second 'The Who Sell Out'

Comment

Originally posted by andrew7610 View Post
                                      This looks bloody difficult, but I reckon Grace can still do this now without any trouble.

Even if she couldn't, would you want to be the one to break it to her?

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post

Close call between this and Ogden's Nut Gone Flake, but this is just plain funnier and closer to the spirit of the album and band.
                                        Daltrey evidently claimed to have caught pneumonia from sitting in the frozen beans for too long.

This is a fun little quiz for those of us who dig (remember that word?) this album:

https://www.funtrivia.com/playquiz/q...881e07888.html

Comment

Originally posted by andrew7610 View Post

The photographer Jean-Paul Goude has stated in interviews that Grace could not hold that pose at the time, and tthat the final shot is an amalgam of different poses and photographs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                            Daltrey evidently claimed to have caught pneumonia from sitting in the frozen beans for too long.
                                            I remembered that story as being Ann-Margret catching it doing the same thing in the scene in Tommy, but on checking it just now her misfortune was getting cuts from the broken glass left around from smashing the champagne bottle into the mirror and needing 27 stitches.

I'm going to see t'Oo in a few weeks but will be barely close enough to see them on stage, never mind ask them to confirm any baked bean related anecdotes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                              frozen beans
                                              Who freezes baked beans? Surely they keep long enough in the tin as it is.

Comment

Good question. Maybe in the photo shoot in question it was winter with no heating, Research needed (I'm not volunteering).

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post
                                                  I'm going to see t'Oo in a few weeks but will be barely close enough to see them on stage, never mind ask them to confirm any baked bean related anecdotes
                                                  Enjoy. I will give Roger's recent album with the convalescing Wilko Johnson a spin later

Comment

Working...
                                                  X