• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post

Comment

No fair! You're only allowed one cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
        No fair! You're only allowed one cover.
        He’s not feeling well so it’s OK. Those covers remind me of this rather excellent album’s cover:

Comment

Of course, the power of that Joy Division cover is reflected in all the ways the imagery has been reused (including by mainstream companies where one would assume that whatever is being promoted via a t-shirt--or whatever--might attract people who have no idea about the basis for those products).

https://www.irenebrination.com/irene...-division.html

Comment

Originally posted by Tony C View Post
            With a Turkish label, Ege Bamyası is Aegean Ocra.

Comment

edited

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post

It's fun to centre this image on your screen and then to quickly scroll up and down over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

It's fun to centre this image on your screen and then to quickly scroll up and down over it.
                  Moire in full effect there. It's hypnotic.

Comment

Comment

For some reason I can't post an image today, but Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake.
                      Last edited by Sporting; 22-02-2020, 11:51.

Comment

Interesting how many “busy” LP sleeves are being chosen. I tend to prefer simple, abstract designs. So I’ll pick

Comment

Originally posted by danielmak View Post
                          Of course, the power of that Joy Division cover is reflected in all the ways the imagery has been reused (including by mainstream companies where one would assume that whatever is being promoted via a t-shirt--or whatever--might attract people who have no idea about the basis for those products).

https://www.irenebrination.com/irene...-division.html
                          I hadn't seen the Versace one before. That is truly hideous. That said, I've got a t shirt on which the peaks of the waves are tweaked to look like cats so am possibly not in the strongest position to criticise.

Picking one undisputed favourite cover seems a tall order but I've always loved this.

Comment

Originally posted by slackster View Post
                            Interesting how many “busy” LP sleeves are being chosen.
                            The Led Zep sleeve is busier than most, at least the original one I used to own was because it had a revolving inner image that showed through holes in the outer sleeve.
                            Apparently called a volvelle.

Comment

I also like unbusy album covers

Comment

Sorry for my lack of originality, but I loved this album cover the first time I saw I poster for it when I was 13 or 14. I don’t think I actually heard the album until many years later. I now own the poster and the album (on CD), but I still think I like the cover more than I like the album.

It’s out of focus and yet, it’s a perfect photograph.

Last edited by Hot Pepsi; 22-02-2020, 19:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                  For some reason I can't post an image today, but Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake.

Comment

Bored and AdC echo two of my favorites. No way could I come up w/ a clear favorite, but have to add this superb cover as it perfectly exemplifies the musical contents of the album.

Comment

Have tried & failed to get Never Mind Bollocks cover on thread. But everyone knows it anyhoo. Released when Pistols were bankrupt musically. But one last stylistical Jamie Reid hurrah. Garish yellow & pink with word Bollocks if miles away from Queen with safety pin through nose. Fitting epitaph & fitting with how the band came & went so quickly but left one of biggest imprints of 20th century music.

Comment

Originally posted by ale View Post
                                        Have tried & failed to get Never Mind Bollocks cover on thread. But everyone knows it anyhoo. Released when Pistols were bankrupt musically. But one last stylistical Jamie Reid hurrah. Garish yellow & pink with word Bollocks if miles away from Queen with safety pin through nose. Fitting epitaph & fitting with how the band came & went so quickly but left one of biggest imprints of 20th century music.

Comment

Smell the Glove.

Spinal Tap

Edit:

(It's been done, hadn't it)
                                          Last edited by Guy Profumo; 23-02-2020, 18:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Nurse Duckett View Post

It’s the only album they ever did, right? It’s a great album. Underrated, perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                                              Have been looking through my collection and got it down to a shortlist of about half a dozen from there, but I can't get past this one to be honest. It's not technically the 'proper' cover, in that it's a cut-down version of the original design featured on the LP artwork – which has the title in a gap below the stem, then after the gap the stem continues with another set of leaves – in order to work better on a CD case. But since it's the version that I got to know first, and since I think it's actually more striking like this, I'll nominate this one specifically:

Makes a mighty fine long-sleeved T-shirt n’all. I’ve had a few in my time.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I always loved the gatefold of EW&F's 'I Am' (but don't know how to post images on here),

https://img.cdandlp.com/2015/03/imgL/116151399-3.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                                    X