Oh, for Buck's sakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, for Buck's sakes

Well fuck me bandy, bucks fizz are back, and this video's going to get taken down because it's saying that depression's just feeling sorry for yourself, to get on with it, while strangling a doctor who was prescribing happy pills, while at one point dressed in straight jackets.
    It'll be taken down, the publicity will give it a boost, hoisted up by a Piers Morgan type telling people to stop being snowflakes, and that's us now, 90% of everything sold to us is a dig at 'the other side'.
    My worst fear upon seeing this an hour or so ago was that they'd been so craven to upload it in the immediate aftermath of Caroline Flack ending her life, but it was uploaded on the 31st Jan, so even they aren't that ghoulish.
    This is a Mike Stock effort, but most of you probably knew that as soon as you heard it.
    Last edited by Freestyling buck wilding Stijn Stijnen; 17-02-2020, 18:34.

The Fizz without Bobby G are dead to me.

Comment

I, almost immediately, regretted pressing play on that. Lame and offensive. That's quite a combination!

Where is Bobby these days? Is he still with us?

Comment

Originally posted by Foot of Astaire's View Post
        Where is Bobby these days? Is he still with us?
        I think there are two versions of Bucks Fizz doing the rounds.Hence this version being called The Fizz.

Comment

I think his version's called Bobby's Sham (Babycham)

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy Pepys View Post

I think there are two versions of Bucks Fizz doing the rounds.Hence this version being called The Fizz.
            Yep indeedy, and then David van Day did a bit of a cuckoo thing in trying to also tour with his own version, having initially joined Bobby G's bastardised version of the bucks fizzers, leading to a legal dispute with Bobby G that DvD lost, requiring him to change the name of his group to 'David van Day's Bucks fizz show'. So many wrangles, all for a group that enjoyed 3 number 1 hits. Amazing.

The bucks fizz dispute section on their wiki, which coincidentally is longer than the secton about their actual music, contains this amzingly depressing insight;

'The partnership between G and Van Day proved to be short-lived as the two failed to gel. In 1997, Van Day quit the group after a show in the Falkland islands'

I read that and could picture the whole sorry charade, performing to parody Brits who have been in a time capsule off the coast of Argentina, and I felt claustrophobic on behalf of bucks fizz, which led me to think of a potential Bucks fizz brexit world tour, stopping off in the Falklands, Gibraltar and Australia, and I can picture the crowds, and oh my days of course they made this fucking video,

Comment

Originally posted by Freestyling buck wilding Stijn Stijnen View Post
              'The partnership between G and Van Day proved to be short-lived as the two failed to gel. In 1997, Van Day quit the group after a show in the Falkland islands'
              The whole tawdry Falklands episode is documented here:

Comment

They were huge in their time though, weren't they. I mean even Michael Stipe sang about phoning Cheryl Baker up and stuff.

Comment

Working...
                X