No announcement yet.

New Music for 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After teasing a track called 2y & 6m, Cindy has revealed a track called 'Never Let Me Go (Part II).'

Cindy is the musical brainchild of Palmbomen, as explained at theletter.co.uk, who write that the track is "an Italo Disco vibe, with splashes of Acid and other contemporary electronic music". Anyway, that sounds shite but the track is aces.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/VOt3sg...feature=oembed

Comment

I really like the Drab City album I downloaded this morning after reading a review in The Observer. On first listen, it strikes the right balance between accessibility and indie-weird, with lo-fi sotto female vocals being the clincher.

Devil Doll
      Troubled City
      Live Free & Die When It's Cool
      Last edited by imp; 14-06-2020, 20:25.

Comment

I Like Trains are a band I've really taken much notice of, over their 15-year career. That said, I doubt they have made anything as punchy, relevant and thrilling as 'The Truth', the first cut from their new album.

The video is good too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjyR2V5dDLg

Comment

Originally posted by KGR View Post
          I Like Trains are a band I've really taken much notice of, over their 15-year career. That said, I doubt they have made anything as punchy, relevant and thrilling as 'The Truth', the first cut from their new album.

The video is good too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjyR2V5dDLg
          I like I Like Trains, and thanks for pointing this out, I didn't realise they were back in action.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post

I like I Like Trains, and thanks for pointing this out, I didn't realise they were back in action.
            Which is their previous works would you recommend I turned to first?

Comment

Originally posted by KGR View Post

Which is their previous works would you recommend I turned to first?
              The first full album (Elegies to Lessons Learnt). Watching that new video on my phone now and its a lot more punchy than their usual fare however. And more topical too, their themes tend to be a bit more historical - they are like a musical history masters degree compared to say Public Service Broadcasting's musical GCSE.

Comment

Oh boy. Claims to be the best band in the UK right now?

Comment

Jaz Coleman in his element. On The Day The Earth Went Mad.

https://vimeo.com/431826185?ref=fb-s...wRBS-eGkCODJ8E

Comment

Just giving Fontaines DC new album A Hero's Death a listen. Not as many classic tracks on first impressions as Dogrel , but I usually take a few plays to really get into an album.

Comment

I've never been that enraptured with his solo material, but I really liked the last Paul Weller album. His latest, On Sunset, I swear is an absolute stunner.

Comment

I don't really follow this thread, being a set-in-his-ways old fart, but I've heard this a few times on 6Music and I have to say I absolutely bloody love it.

Disclosure ft. Fatoumata Diawara - Douha (Mali Mali)

Comment

Max Richter's Voices is a majestic, magnificent, moving and of course timely work. There's a second 'instrumental' disc without the voices articulating human rights statutes, which I thought was not really necessary until I listened to it too, and it's just as sparse, harmonious and utterly beautiful.

Comment

Some current likings:

Birds Of Pandaemonium
                            Pearson Sound
                            Eartheater

TRAAMS
                            porij

Agree with Toby that the new Disclosure 'joint' is very decent.

(Edit: Bloody symbols.)
                            Last edited by Jah Womble; 27-08-2020, 10:41.

Comment

Sault are completely owning 2020.

Excited to hear the new Idles album. It is fun that they seem to have become the band that all and sundry are taking pot-shots at. Three years ago they wouldn't get picked out of a police line up.

Comment

Wu Fei and Abigail Washburn is lovely. I love the sound of the guzhong.

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
                                  Excited to hear the new Idles album. It is fun that they seem to have become the band that all and sundry are taking pot-shots at. Three years ago they wouldn't get picked out of a police line up.
                                  Are they? I thought that Idles (or IDLES as they seem to prefer it) were pretty much universally-loved - by the media at least.

Comment

It is bubbling up based on Sleaford Mods & Fat White Family. A sense that they aren't legit enough, are all virtue signalling. Which is all rather easy when you are pushing a whole unity / love yourself agenda.

It is a small section, admittedly.

Comment

The Quietus gave the album a kicking recently, as did Bigmouth podcast. I liked it on first listen, particularly the last few tracks, and need to go back to it. But the live setting is their forte really and they are in for a big year next year if things get back to normal.

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
                                        Sault are completely owning 2020.

My son bought me their new album for my birthday and I don't like it that much. He also got me the Sleaford Mods 'All That Glue' compilation which is brilliant. I'm clearly very discerning about my anger intake.

Comment

Been buying a few contemporary and 2020 albums lately. The SAULT stuff is fantastic, really love Kelly Lee Owens, particularly this video starring Michael Sheen an, with vocals by John Cale https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKGbveD_cuE

Comment

SAULT have a fair few tunes, but I don’t think I’ll ever understand the appeal of Sleaford Mods.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                              SAULT have a fair few tunes, but I don’t think I’ll ever understand the appeal of Sleaford Mods.
                                              I understand the appeal. Just that they don't appeal to me.

Comment

The new Kevin Morby album out and on spotify now. I like his music a lot.

Comment

I don't really get the Sleaford Mods either, but I told my son to play some the other day, and it twisted his face. I didn't let on whether I thought they were good or shit, so he didn't really know how to respond.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                                    I’ve been listening to Agnes O for the past few years - her Citizen of Glass album is probably my personal favourite of the 2010s. The new collection is also mighty fine, although not a massive departure from its predecessor.
                                                    Yes, Citizen of Glass is lovely, as is her new album. Her Late Night Tales compilation is terrific, too, displaying her broad good taste.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X