X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Bob Dylan track on the killing of Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
      Cornershop’s new collection could’ve been recorded by them twenty years back, but it’s ‘their’ trademark, so not especially a problem to me. (The jury’s still out on US Girls, although I did quite enjoy recent single 4 American Dollars.)

Will investigate your other suggestions!
      Yes, the Cornershop record is as reliable and reassuring as... erm, the corner shop that's been there on the corner, all your life, with the sweet counter still in exactly the same place it was when you were five. Just nice to have it there.

Comment

You don't get to say this very often, but the new Pearl Jam album is amazing.

Comment

I can really recommend the new Laura Marling album if you like 1. previous Laura Marling records and 2. Joni Mitchell.

Comment

I rather like the new Strokes album and, especially, the track 'Bad Decisions' which sounds like a 'I Melt With You'/ 'Dancing With Myself' mash-up and all the better for it.

Comment

The new Fiona Apple...just wow.

Comment

Not really a fan, but Fetch the Bolt Cutters is an intriguing title.

Comment

Frankly, I wouldn't know a Fiona Apple from a Granny Smith, having let her entire oeuvre pass me by quite happily. But I kept reading about how this album was a masterpiece recorded in her home, and my god it's lovely to listen to.

Comment

Am loving the new Four Tet, 'Sixteen Oceans'. Fiona Apple was never in my fruit bowl either (Christ, that's such a shit attempt at a joke that I'm just going to let it stand), so I downloaded 'Fetch the Bolt-Cutters' and gave it a listen. Found it hard work, but I'll give it a bit more effort in the coming days.

Comment

I like what I've heard of Waxahatchee's new material, but that's only a couple of songs so far. I still think of the one album I have by her as 'new music' and it's from 2013.

Comment

Lovely compilation here from Signal Records via bandcamp - pay £8 or more, proceeds to equipment for NHS workers.

I've given Fiona Apple three bites now (stop!) - really starting to like it. Sometimes the best albums are the growers (I said just fucking stop!). Am experiencing the same with Soccer Mommy.

Comment

Free jazz and very good too:

https://intlanthem.bandcamp.com/albu...JWtAygVx1y_tN8

https://www.irreversibleentanglements.com/

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post
                            Sometimes the best albums are the growers (I said just fucking stop!). Am experiencing the same with Soccer Mommy.
                            Took you at your word and haven't been disappointed. This is a lovely album.

Comment

I had gotten my hopes up--there's another band called Soccer Team, and I loved their last album, so I was hoping that Soccer Mommy was them, but I do know Soccer Mommy so I'll give that a listen.

But if you want a more lo-fi punk/indie sound, give Soccer Team's "Real Lessons in Cynicism" a listen. There's a track on there, "Mental Anguish Is Your Friend" that I love blasting in my car if it's been a shitty day. It has the line "I failed, fuck this, fuck that" that isn't all that creative but it sounds perfect if I'm a certain mood.

Comment

Soccer Mommy - she recorded an album called Clean a couple of years back. Thought that was decent enough. (The New York Times rated it as their album of the year, for what that’s worth.)

Not heard her new material yet.

Comment

Martin Grech's first album for thirteen years, Hush Mortal core, is technically amazing.

It's a bit Radioheady, but his voice remains incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by KGR View Post
                                    It's a bit Radioheady
                                    <Excitement turns to disappointment>

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
                                      I had gotten my hopes up--there's another band called Soccer Team
                                      Yeah, I was excited last year that Lush had a new album called Snail Mail. Turned out Snail Mail had a new album called Lush.

Comment

Within the last year or so I ordered Cath Carroll's Unrest EP, thinking I had previously overlooked it in her oeuvre, and received Unrest's Cath Carroll EP.

It was something like £1.39 on Ebay, so I didn't proceed with the caution appropriate to a listing without an image of the cover.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post

<Excitement turns to disappointment>
                                          I'd be the worst music journalist ever, so take my descriptions with a pinch of salt and go and listen to it!

Comment

There's a new Sparks album out today. A Steady Drip, Drip, Drip....their 24th. Am truly enjoying their late stage run of brilliance.

Comment

After four+ years' hiatus, total silence...

WHITEY IS BACK!

https://www.musicglue.com/whitey/info

Comment

Just listening to Perfume Genius' latest album, 'Set My Heart on Fire Immediatey', and it has some really good pop tunes on it. I hope it will keep growing with every listen.

Otherwise, the Golden Retriever/Chuck Johnson collaboration 'Rain Shadow' is a really good ambient record, as is 'AVL' by Mary Lattimore and Mac McCaughan.

I also find myself often putting on the Orb's 'Abolition of the Royal Familia'. It is the best music I've heard from them in years.

Comment

I'm enjoying Run The Jewels new album

JU$T is very good.

Comment

Do you like a sturdy riff?

These guys do. Especially the last 30 seconds. Klamp - An Orb

https://www.thesleepingshaman.com/st...-klamp-an-orb/

Comment

Working...
                                                    X