Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Fucking Hell, Snake, I've got that fucking U2 song playing in my head now.

(I used to work in a cinema when Tomb Raider was out and that played in the lobby 3 times an hour!)

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    I always remember a letter on C4 teletext lambasting U2 for writing the line "A mole, digging in a hole" and saying they'll never write a line "as good as 'karma police, arrest this man'". And I realised that they were absolutely serious.

Leave a comment:

• G-Man
    replied
    I do like "High And Dry", and "Creep" was good for its day. But I never got the adulation for Radiohead, especially for OK Computer, which has been traded as some kind of seminal work for reasons I don't get even when Q magazine tried to explain it to me.

Leave a comment:

• 3 Colours Red
    replied
    Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

FINALLY!!! I've felt like the only person in the world who thought Radiohead produced unlistenable drone antimusic that people.only said they liked to earn Indie kudos points.

Thank you for articulating this, DM.
    Don't worry, it's not just you two.

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied
    Well, I like some Radiohead songs a lot, don't mind most and dislike a few. But that's a pretty boring opinion, I know!

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Originally posted by delicatemoth View Post

Radiohead get extra twat points for using the word 'retarded' to describe critics of their decision to play in Israel, if I'm not mistaken. Also for being really shit. Britpop groups were terrible, weren't they?
    FINALLY!!! I've felt like the only person in the world who thought Radiohead produced unlistenable drone antimusic that people.only said they liked to earn Indie kudos points.

Thank you for articulating this, DM.

Leave a comment:

• elguapo4
    replied
    I know he's better known as an actor, but he had a couple of hit singles, so unrepentant spouse abuser Dennis Waterman.

Leave a comment:

• jwdd27
    replied
    Comfortably the least twattish of The Beatles. Two different family friends have had dealings with him and confirm that, apart from being a bit of an old hippy, he's remarkably unaffected by his extraordinary fame and wealth.

Leave a comment:

• Duncan Gardner
    replied
    Macca confirms will no longer be giving youngest daughter Beatrice a lift to school. He's had to abandon the run
    Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 17-01-2020, 16:16.

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    Band on the Run wasn't a bad album at all.

On top of that, Maybe I'm Amazed, Helen Wheels, Listen to What the Man Said and Temporary Secretary were all decent singles.

Leave a comment:

• Duncan Gardner
    replied
    Let me roll it- powerful dig at Lennon's primal scream pretensions

Wings of a nightingale- relaunched the late-career Everly Brothers

Give Ireland back to the Irish- Edgy (though possibly not Hewson-y)

Leave a comment:

• Lang Spoon
    replied
    Maybe I'm amazed, Coming Up, uncle Albert.

Leave a comment:

• Foot of Astaire's
    replied
    Originally posted by Sporting View Post

Apart from the Israel bit, I'm afraid you're very wrong about the man. And why should composing and performing music you don't personally care for mark someone out as a twat?
    Well like music, its subjective isn't it? I find him irritating because of the occasional assaults on my ear oles that he's subjected me to. On reflection, I probably wouldn't refer to him as a twat but theres few folk in music that annoy me as much as he does.

I realise he set the bar pretty high but has he really done anything even half as comparable to his Beatles stuff?

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied
    Originally posted by Foot of Astaire's View Post
    I've annoyed myself by not immediately thinking of Paul McCartney when seeing this thread title.

A guy who's music got worse the more experienced he became. With the notable exception of Live and let die, has he produced a tune or lyrics of any note since he left The Beatles? Spotify randomly threw up (as did I) one of his more recent offerings. Some inane ditty about everybody dancing along. It was awful.

And he's played Israel too. Twat.
    Apart from the Israel bit, I'm afraid you're very wrong about the man. And why should composing and performing music you don't personally care for mark someone out as a twat?

Leave a comment:

• Foot of Astaire's
    replied
    I've annoyed myself by not immediately thinking of Paul McCartney when seeing this thread title.

A guy who's music got worse the more experienced he became. With the notable exception of Live and let die, has he produced a tune or lyrics of any note since he left The Beatles? Spotify randomly threw up (as did I) one of his more recent offerings. Some inane ditty about everybody dancing along. It was awful.

And he's played Israel too. Twat.

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    Christ knows.

For that matter, let's add Cowell, Walsh and the whole steaming bunch of them.

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
    Still on the boy-band ticket, can I shout for Ronan Keating? Primarily for, y'know, 'being Ronan Keating'.
    What is it with that ridiculous singing voice he put on?

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    Who's to say it isn't?

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Circumlocution sounds like it should be a sexual technique.

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    I like the idea of a pop star being pilloried for 'being a show-off'. Williams absolutely deserves inclusion, however.

Still on the boy-band ticket, can I shout for Ronan Keating? Primarily for, y'know, 'being Ronan Keating'.

Leave a comment:

• Benjm
    replied
    Originally posted by Sits View Post
    Powerful avatar Benjm
    Thank you!

It's a good likeness, although the avatar has a firmer jawline. There was a Peanutiser website as part of the promotional campaign for the CB & Snoopy film that came out a couple of years ago; I think Toby Gymshorts drew attention to it on here.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    Powerful avatar Benjm

Leave a comment:

• Benjm
    replied
    Strong call with Robbie Williams.

His failure to appear earlier could be a welcome sign of the diminished circumstances he currently operates in. Alternatively, he's such a bellowing tit that everyone assumed that he had already been taken.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    Welcome FoA.

Leave a comment:

• Foot of Astaire's
    replied
    Well I'm disappointed no ones mentioned Robbie William's yet. I cant stand the bloke. Not for any particular reason other than he comes across as a right show off, the prick.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X