X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jah Womble
    replied
    Christ knows.

For that matter, let's add Cowell, Walsh and the whole steaming bunch of them.

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
    Still on the boy-band ticket, can I shout for Ronan Keating? Primarily for, y'know, 'being Ronan Keating'.
    What is it with that ridiculous singing voice he put on?

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    Who's to say it isn't?

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Circumlocution sounds like it should be a sexual technique.

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    I like the idea of a pop star being pilloried for 'being a show-off'. Williams absolutely deserves inclusion, however.

Still on the boy-band ticket, can I shout for Ronan Keating? Primarily for, y'know, 'being Ronan Keating'.

Leave a comment:

• Benjm
    replied
    Originally posted by Sits View Post
    Powerful avatar Benjm
    Thank you!

It's a good likeness, although the avatar has a firmer jawline. There was a Peanutiser website as part of the promotional campaign for the CB & Snoopy film that came out a couple of years ago; I think Toby Gymshorts drew attention to it on here.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    Powerful avatar Benjm

Leave a comment:

• Benjm
    replied
    Strong call with Robbie Williams.

His failure to appear earlier could be a welcome sign of the diminished circumstances he currently operates in. Alternatively, he's such a bellowing tit that everyone assumed that he had already been taken.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    Welcome FoA.

Leave a comment:

• Foot of Astaire's
    replied
    Well I'm disappointed no ones mentioned Robbie William's yet. I cant stand the bloke. Not for any particular reason other than he comes across as a right show off, the prick.

Leave a comment:

• 3 Colours Red
    replied
    Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
    The convicted paedophiles Gary Glitter and Ian Watkins belong on a totally different list.
    I'd go along with that -"twat" isn't strong enough for the rapists, murderers, paedophiles, domestic abusers and fascists already mentioned. They're all firmly in "cunt" territory.

I'd say it was more towards the completely insufferable or slightly more petty criminal types where it's still socially acceptable (albeit just barely in some cases) to enjoy their works.

Leave a comment:

• tuckwat
    replied
    Didn't Queen play at Sun City and the Pixies like to tour Israel.

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    More chance of hell freezing over.

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Wouldn't it be great if he joined OTF though.

Leave a comment:

• G-Man
    replied
    But the circumlocution serves to keep the subject from arriving here by way of Google alerts. That gives me a more peaceful easy feeling.

Leave a comment:

• Simon G
    replied
    Originally posted by TonTon View Post
    If it's libellous, it's libellous, and if I can tell who you're talking about, then your circumlocution is of no legal benefit.
    That is a fantastic word that I have never come across before.

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    If it's libellous, it's libellous, and if I can tell who you're talking about, then your circumlocution is of no legal benefit.

Leave a comment:

• Greenlander
    replied
    Point of order but wasn't the legal eagle singing about a tequila sunrise. The tequila sunset was someone else and I can't (Mc) tell you if he belongs in here or not.

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Originally posted by MsD View Post
    Morrissey made one of his musicians blow out his own 50th birthday party.

That sentence didn't end the way I feared it would.

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    Presumably he's a legal eagle?

Leave a comment:

• Duncan Gardner
    replied
    G Man's libel lawyer advises checking out of this one (but you can never leave)

Leave a comment:

• G-Man
    replied
    I read a book once by a woman who had extensive experience of sexual contact with stars of the entertainment world. What she said about the sexual conduct of a certain boy of summer who took it easy in tequila sunsets should have led to litigation for libel, unless it was actually true. Let's just say that, in her telling, the new kid in town was an uncompromsing ladies' man.
    Last edited by G-Man; 16-01-2020, 15:35.

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    Other wife-beaters include Bobby Brown, Jackson Browne and Don McLean (allegedly).

Originally posted by delicatemoth View Post
    Radiohead get extra twat points for using the word 'retarded' to describe critics of their decision to play in Israel, if I'm not mistaken. Also for being really shit. Britpop groups were terrible, weren't they?
    Radiohead were decidedly twattish (well, 'beyond') as regards playing in Israel - and that reaction helped them not one iota.

However, just as I still like The Gun Club (dubious lyrics notwithstanding), I still like Radiohead. But they were never 'Britpop'.

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    Nick Oliveri is another one who's committed violence against women.

The convicted paedophiles Gary Glitter and Ian Watkins belong on a totally different list.

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    Well said

Leave a comment:

Working...
X