No announcement yet.

Top ten twats in rock and pop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or that the world would be better off if James Blunt had been shot on the way in to Kosovo.

SEE, I CAN DO POSH WHITE MEN TOO.
    Last edited by Snake Plissken; 19-05-2020, 11:13.

Comment

I don’t mind James Blunt although I don’t want to listen to him more than I have to.
      A friend (different friend this time) covered an Ed Sheeran song (the A Team) last night, and it was OK. Generally can’t stand his music.

Comment

Cheryl would be in the top ten wouldn't she for battering that toilet attendant.
        And as somebody who spent a bit too much time around frequent dabblers of cocaine, she has the air of somebody who hasn't joined the dots between her mental state and usage of that particular substance, like most people with a coke habit to be fair. I base this on how desperately unhappy she comes across as being, because that natural serotonin just ain't giving the same feels as it used to, man.

Comment

Isn't James Blunt a psy-OP to appease the kind of ladies we saw leading the VE day celebrations?
          posh, check!
          army boy, check!
          Sings, check!
          ooh mr Darcy!

Comment

Why do people hate James Bl(o)unt FFS?
            ​​​​​​
            The bloke's an entertainer.

If you don't like his stuff, don't listen to it.

(it's not like he's a Morrissey, is it?)

Comment

He gets to live, purely because he's great responding to haters on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                No Good Advice is also a banger.
                Are you saying that No Good Advice is equivalent to the loud and startling noise made by a firework thrown to the ground on Bonfire Night?

Christ, I hate that word. When and how on earth did it acquire this neo-usage? [Goes back to smoking pipe and staring into space with a malign expression.]

Comment

I thought James Blunt gets a pass for his tweet where he announced he was officially handing over his Cockney Rhyming title to Jeremy Hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post

Are you saying that No Good Advice is equivalent to the loud and startling noise made by a firework thrown to the ground on Bonfire Night?

Christ, I hate that word. When and how on earth did it acquire this neo-usage? [Goes back to smoking pipe and staring into space with a malign expression.]
                    Get down wiv ver kids, grandad.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post

Get down wiv ver kids, grandad.
                      I can't - arthritis in the knees.

Comment

James Blunt generally comes across as fairly generous and self-deprecating, which is indeed a good way to be.

That song, though. That bloody song.

Comment

https://twitter.com/SimplyRedHQ/status/1263421095853645824

Comment

Wow, that is spectacular stuff from Hucknall there. And that's from today, not eight years ago when that twittering thing was newfangled.

Comment

A list that isn't pointed in a neater manner?

Needless title case?

Sweeping over-generalisations?

An avatar that shows Hucknall wearing sunglasses indoors without good reason (fucking hell, even that cunt Bonio's got an excuse)?

I didn't think it was possible for him to irritate me any more than he already did but by Jove, he's somehow managed it.

Comment

What the hell?

Comment

I like the way that Hucknell then goes on to list named examples to back up his choices (not too sure that all of the British musos are from working class backgrounds) but when he gets to the flamenco gypsies (is that even an actual "culture"? Actually, the others aren't either really, so what the hell, I suppose) he just links to some of their "stuff".

One of my friends has got African American and Jewish blood and was brought up in a working class British household. Super-cool? Not really.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                    He gets to live, purely because he's great responding to haters on Twitter.
                                    Mrs. S likes his (Blunt’s) music. I don’t but I’m a brilliant husband, so we went to see him. We were in the circle (it was at The State, an old theatre). At one point he did a runaround and was going along the front of our section doing high fives. We were a few rows back so I asked Mrs. S if she was going to go down there and join in. “No” she said, “he’ll be all sweaty.” So, just the music then.

He is very good on Twitter.

Comment

If you want a posho to replace Blunt, Ed Tudor-Pole is a solid choice. There is a connection through family friends, and he is thoroughly obnoxious according to reports.

Comment

Hucknall's list of cool representative of their peoples presumably were Boyz II Men, Noel Gallagher, Shabba Ranks, Adam Sandler, and ... er... one of the Gypsy Kings?

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man View Post
                                          Hucknall's list of cool representative of their peoples presumably were Boyz II Men, Noel Gallagher, Shabba Ranks, Adam Sandler, and ... er... one of the Gypsy Kings?
                                          He couldn't think of any flamenco gypsies so he just posted some images of flamenco dancers instead.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man View Post
                                            Probably Cher.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                                              If you want a posho to replace Blunt, Ed Tudor-Pole is a solid choice. There is a connection through family friends, and he is thoroughly obnoxious according to reports.
                                              He's alright, he's mates of several of my friends and lives locally, so I've hung out with him a bit.
                                              Has a touch of leadsingeritis but generally OK. He turns on the charm for me but if he was a real dick they wouldn't invite him in the first place.

Comment

And straight in at No. 1:

https://twitter.com/ianbrown/status/1302252429191401473

Comment

Jesus, what was that on the Simon & Garfunkel thread about separating artist from art? That’s going to be a real struggle with this guy now.

Comment

He was coming out with Biblical based cod Rasta spliff addled foolery to justify homophobia twenty years back, and there was the assault on that cabin crew member, so can't say I'm that surprised. But what a colossal wanker.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X