No announcement yet.

Top ten twats in rock and pop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah you need to read the whole of the Mundane Thread, tonight.

Comment

Welcome back Gerontophile

You've missed TonTon getting an avatar, that's probably one of the biggest thing

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post

But I can relate to that. I would rather have toast than see a scary ghost.
        That made me laugh so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
          Oh, and I am on Robbie Williams' side here. Not because I have tickets to see him or anything like it, but because, whether or not he is a bit of a knob, and he will be the first to admit it, he gives his all. And if that isn't enough, then by all means slate him.
          ‘Giving your all’ has never been enough.

’Having something to give besides your own fat ego in the first instance’ will always be the trump card.

Comment

I'd pick listening to Robbie Williams's 90s output over listening to Radiohead's.

Comment

I never get any welcome-back messages, sniff

Comment

Originally posted by delicatemoth View Post
                Same goes for 'Dog Star Man' by Suede, which loads of people I know also thought was great. But Suede don't seem like twats as far as I know, and I do like 'The Drowners' and 'My Insatiable One'.
                I think you've gone the opposite direction to me here DM. I never got why everyone raved over Dog Man Star at the time, but a few years ago I picked up the CD at a boot sale for a quid and really 'got it' on a belated listen. The Wild Ones, whose haunting chorus I remember from the radio back in the day, is probably still the pick, but there's great songs througout and I much prefer it to Suede's debut now.

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                  Welcome back!

Where the bloody hell have you been?!

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post

Welcome back!

Where the bloody hell have you been?!
                    I’m sorry. I never know if people have taken a break or just aren’t showing up in the handful of threads I follow.

Welcome back.

Comment

Sorry VA, some of us were in touch right through, in mitigation...

Comment

Gerontophile welcome back!

Comment

Quite a few of us heard from you every day VA. Nice to see you back permanently on OTF.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                            I'd pick listening to Robbie Williams's 90s output over listening to Radiohead's.
                            Then we'll be fine - as long as we don't move in next door to each other.

Nor do I. But then again, I never f*** off for long enough.

Comment

Heh, I did bail out from full-time residency about the October before last and didn't look in here at all for around 11 months* I think – for sanity reasons, i.e. not losing countless hours to such an addictive time sink.
                              AE, Sits and co though see me all the time in-game over on Xpert Eleven, so my presence or lack of it in the monster thread for that on these boards was neither here nor there really, and nobody on the rest of the boards really notices me as far as I know.

Every now and then since first dipping my toes back in, I've had brief windows of posting then dropped out again for a few weeks. It's nice to know I seem to be able to do so on a more off-and-on basis these days, though it may just be that there's a dearth of topics I find interesting right now...!

(* Edit: Just checked, it was 10 months and 4 days apparently. Then another 2 months almost straight after that.)
                              Last edited by Various Artist; 21-01-2020, 23:42.

Comment

Good to have you about for the occasional 'dinosaur' chat, VA.

Comment

I feel I need to 'balance' OTF with lighter boards a lot more (like the "new and old charts" site that Jah and I frequent) and also cut down the World forum visits to the bare minimum needed to stay knowledgeable due to the utter grimness of the news.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                    ...(like the "new and old charts" site that Jah and I frequent)...
                                    Which site is this?

Comment

Which site is this?

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                        Which site is this?
                                        Haven and/or UKmix

Comment

Haven? Never heard of it.

I'm more a Go Pontinental man myself.

Comment

This is the site FWIW http://fatherandy2.proboards.com/

Comment

Oh god, don't let me know about things like that. That way madness lies, for a charts nerd like myself.

When you say "'dinosaurs'", Jah, were you thinking about my music tastes, tendency to resurrect old threads, or what, should I ask? I mean, I'll happily chat about actual dinosaurs, being a bit of a Mesozoic nerd too, but I don't think that's what you were getting at...?

Comment

Indeed, I meant actual 'dinosaurs'.

Surely you've not forgotten this thread from a couple of years ago?

https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...function/page3

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                                This is the site FWIW http://fatherandy2.proboards.com/
                                                Oh okay - have to say that I don't know it. (Looks very similar to UKMix.)

Comment

Heheh, yes of course it should have struck me that your avatar is still a Mamenchisaurus, isn't it?!

Holy mackerel, though: no I had no recollection of that thread at all. Funny, however: as I read through the thread I could work out almost exactly what my own contribution was going to read like, because I was mentally storing up interjections as I went along – and of course it turned out I'd interjected with those very same points two years ago...

That was a great discussion, wasn't it? And this is very timely, so thank-you: your comment "At that age, I was marvelling at the recently re-mounted T Rex in the NHM." has reminded me that Dippy the Diplodocus who stood for so long in the entrance hall of the National History Museum is on tour right now and will only be exhibited at the National Museum of Wales until this weekend. So I must make a special effort to go into Cardiff in the next couple of days and say hello to my favourite dino skeleton (well, cast thereof), who I used to see in the NHM when I was a small boy and last saw there in 2005 when I was 25.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post

‘Giving your all’ has never been enough.

’Having something to give besides your own fat ego in the first instance’ will always be the trump card.
                                                    If you think that... I have always been on his side, since he lived across the road from me... I mentioned it, when Andrew Neill (who also lived across the road) used his whole radio show, to say that some 'nouveau riche' popstar,had 'stolen' his parking space. And it was awarded to the 'fat dancer', because he lived there on most evenings, unlike 'everyone else' on the stree (with or without a radio show)t, because that's how it goes down in deepest, darkest, South Kensington.

Oh, didn't I mention that one?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X