Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MsD
    replied
    Jedward are also kicking Noel Gallagher's arse now. Yay!

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    With Bernard Sumner's 'yacht rant', it certainly seems Manchester is rising up for the right all of a sudden...

Leave a comment:

• Gert from the Well
    replied
    Noel Gallagher, come on down.

He's gone all edgy tory cunt about not wearing a mask

Leave a comment:

• Various Artist
    replied
    Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
    I'm not sure Ian Brown does 'satire'.
    No, a moment's further thought did rather flag that up...

And yes imp , the blue tick is a useful way to check at a glance whether (usually) famous names on Twitter are actually who they seem to be – as opposed to a parody or more malicious type of person masquerading as them.
    They're endemic enough that (perhaps unfortunately) the lack of one by John Squire's name makes one want to double-check it as it's relatively unusual these days for any sort of 'notable' figure to remain unverified on there. In context, though, I think we can hopefully be reassured that it is the genuine Mr Squire.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    It means that the account has been verified as belonging to the identified individual

Leave a comment:

• imp
    replied
    Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
    That screengrab really sums up Twitter in a way - the mad ramblings of an absolute tool legitimised by a blue tick.
    What does the blue tick signify? I've been on twitter for six years with two accounts, and that's the first time I've ever noticed it.

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
    Christ, that Ian Brown tweet is serious? I thought it was satire at first glance.
    I'm not sure Ian Brown does 'satire'.

Leave a comment:

• 3 Colours Red
    replied
    That screengrab really sums up Twitter in a way - the mad ramblings of an absolute tool legitimised by a blue tick.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    Another comeback tour not so likely then.

Leave a comment:

• hobbes
    replied
    The best thing about that Ian Brown tweet was John Squire's reply. I always used to think Squire was the fuckwit in the Roses.

Leave a comment:

• Various Artist
    replied
    "Being too beige", in most people's eyes...

Christ, that Ian Brown tweet is serious? I thought it was satire at first glance.

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    Chris Martin is probably too beige to be offensive.

(Unless he's done something heinous of which I'm unaware?)

Leave a comment:

• Fearful Symmetry
    replied
    Yeah, the Brown stuff has upset me a bit, as I'm a total slave.

But 12 pages and not one mention of Chris Martin?

Leave a comment:

• Lang Spoon
    replied
    He was coming out with Biblical based cod Rasta spliff addled foolery to justify homophobia twenty years back, and there was the assault on that cabin crew member, so can't say I'm that surprised. But what a colossal wanker.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    Jesus, what was that on the Simon & Garfunkel thread about separating artist from art? That’s going to be a real struggle with this guy now.

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    And straight in at No. 1:

https://twitter.com/ianbrown/status/1302252429191401473

Leave a comment:

• MsD
    replied
    Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
    If you want a posho to replace Blunt, Ed Tudor-Pole is a solid choice. There is a connection through family friends, and he is thoroughly obnoxious according to reports.
    He's alright, he's mates of several of my friends and lives locally, so I've hung out with him a bit.
    Has a touch of leadsingeritis but generally OK. He turns on the charm for me but if he was a real dick they wouldn't invite him in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• MarkF
    replied
    Originally posted by G-Man View Post
    Hucknall's list of cool representative of their peoples presumably were Boyz II Men, Noel Gallagher, Shabba Ranks, Adam Sandler, and ... er... one of the Gypsy Kings?
    Probably Cher.

Leave a comment:

• That Night In Barcelona
    replied
    Originally posted by G-Man View Post
    Hucknall's list of cool representative of their peoples presumably were Boyz II Men, Noel Gallagher, Shabba Ranks, Adam Sandler, and ... er... one of the Gypsy Kings?
    He couldn't think of any flamenco gypsies so he just posted some images of flamenco dancers instead.

Leave a comment:

• G-Man
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jwdd27
    replied
    If you want a posho to replace Blunt, Ed Tudor-Pole is a solid choice. There is a connection through family friends, and he is thoroughly obnoxious according to reports.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    He gets to live, purely because he's great responding to haters on Twitter.
    Mrs. S likes his (Blunt’s) music. I don’t but I’m a brilliant husband, so we went to see him. We were in the circle (it was at The State, an old theatre). At one point he did a runaround and was going along the front of our section doing high fives. We were a few rows back so I asked Mrs. S if she was going to go down there and join in. “No” she said, “he’ll be all sweaty.” So, just the music then.

He is very good on Twitter.

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    I like the way that Hucknell then goes on to list named examples to back up his choices (not too sure that all of the British musos are from working class backgrounds) but when he gets to the flamenco gypsies (is that even an actual "culture"? Actually, the others aren't either really, so what the hell, I suppose) he just links to some of their "stuff".

One of my friends has got African American and Jewish blood and was brought up in a working class British household. Super-cool? Not really.

Leave a comment:

• Hot Pepsi
    replied
    What the hell?

Leave a comment:

• 3 Colours Red
    replied
    A list that isn't pointed in a neater manner?

Needless title case?

Sweeping over-generalisations?

An avatar that shows Hucknall wearing sunglasses indoors without good reason (fucking hell, even that cunt Bonio's got an excuse)?

I didn't think it was possible for him to irritate me any more than he already did but by Jove, he's somehow managed it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X