• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Auntie Beryl View Post
    Irish no-part-harmony stool-disembarkers
    *applauds*

Comment

Former Westlife member Brian McFadden spent a few years in Australia after leaving the Irish no-part-harmony stool-disembarkers; he recorded a single called Just The Way You Are (Drunk At The Bar) featuring lyrics that appear to glorify date rape.

The single was withdrawn after somebody pointed out that all this might not have been the greatest idea.
      "I like you just the way you are
      Drunk as shit dancing at the bar
      I like it and I can't wait to get you home
      so I can do some damage
      I like you just the way you are
      Jump in the back seat of my car
      'Cause I like it and I can't wait to get you home
      So I can take advantage"

Hoo-ha.

I mean, I know he isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but what in Christ's name made him think those lyrics represented an okay sentiment to hold - let alone express in public?

Comment

I think it's fair to say that the likes of R. Kelly, Phil Spector, Michael Jackson and their likes exceed the definition of "twat".

Comment

I think Westlife do Vegas now.

Comment

Oh no, that’s Human Nature. How, oh how could I possibly confuse them?

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
              Van Morrison has Asperger's apparently. But I'm not just routinely defending hometown and childhood heroes: John Fogerty is a surly fcuker,Sir Nodwald a Tory wankah and Jake Burns hasn't bought a round since the Anglo Irish Agreement etc etc
              Amazed there was no mention of the bassist from Ash.

Comment

After my time possibly

I do remember the local magistrate mother of a then-teenage Ash member telling the NI media that yes, he could go on tour to Japan with Megadeth (or whoever), as long as he first finished revising for his A Levels and helped her prune the rose garden
                Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 14-01-2020, 10:59.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man View Post
                  I think it's fair to say that the likes of R. Kelly, Phil Spector, Michael Jackson and their likes exceed the definition of "twat".
                  Okay - good point, well made.

Swap 'R Kelly' for 'Mark Morrison' on my earlier post.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                    Pharrell Williams (doing benefit gigs for the IDF. The IDF! Not only a brutal racist force of cunts but already one of the most heavily funded organisations on the planet)
                    Plus his writing credit on the Robin Thicke song that was both rapey and plagiarized.

I am tempted to add Elvis Costello but I think Top 10 is too harsh. He's in the lower reaches of the Top 40 for this, when there is so much competition from Roger Daltrey, Chuck Berry, Eric Clapton, etc.

On the point of where we draw the line between twat and actual evil, I would contend that twats break informal norms of behaviour whereas evil is crimes of assault against people. Many twats may of course have assaulted partners and friends who chose to stay silent. Lennon was a self-confessed bastard who receives a free pass too often even from biographers.

Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 14-01-2020, 11:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                      Lennon was a self-confessed bastard who receives a free pass too often even from biographers
                      "He was three-quarters of the Beatles' [criminal record]"? (Philip Norman)

Comment

While Kanye is an arsehole, he will forever have the "George Bush doesn't care about black people" moment going for him.

Can I perhaps mention Joe Elliott of Def Leppard. The ultimate twat. The Alan Partridge of rock.
                        Last edited by anton pulisov; 14-01-2020, 11:44.

Comment

Cheese-addled Tory and 90s relic Alex James out of Blur surely worth a nomination?

Comment

Tony Blair

Comment

Jay Kay of the Jamiroquais is a twunt of the first water.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
                                Van Morrison has Asperger's apparently.
                                It's possible but I think it will be decades before the psychology of such individuals, and its nature/nurture mix, is properly understood. In the meantime, he's a prolific artist who needs to promote his albums so at the very least someone should have gently advised him to seek help.
                                Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 14-01-2020, 12:11.

Comment

so at the very least someone should have gently advised him to seek help
                                  Perhaps they have?

I don't know him. Other than media gossip through his career my knowledge is limited to Johnny Rogan's biography and that my mate grew up in the next street to him. Mate's Da gave Van his first job as an apprentice welder, sacking him soon afterwards as playing the dockside clubs late at night affected his timekeeping

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post

Amazed there was no mention of the bassist from Ash.
                                    I seem to remember Calvert, OTF's man behind the mixing desk at the Belfast Empire, vigorously disliking him.

Dollar's David Van Day appeared to be a horrible person, going by that documentary made around the time that he launched a hostile takeover of Bucks Fizz.

Comment

Plus his writing credit on the Robin Thicke song that was both rapey and plagiarized.
                                      He sings on it and is in the video too. It's difficult to feel all that sorry for Robin Thicke but Williams was basically the senior partner on that record. Williams got away with it because people think he's cool while Thicke got thrown under the bus.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                                        Dollar's David Van Day appeared to be a horrible person, going by that documentary made around the time that he launched a hostile takeover of Bucks Fizz.
                                        ...only to be scuppered by the Provisional Brotherhood Of Man?

Van Day also gave Sonia a right slating after her performance on one of those reality 'music reunion' thingies some good while ago.

Mind you, he was right, as she was blimmin' awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                          ...only to be scuppered by the Provisional Brotherhood Of Man?
                                          DVD was ruthless but he wasn't suicidal. He'd have known better than to tread on the hem of Martin Lee's flares.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                            Bobby Gillespie.
                                            What's the problem with Bobby?

Comment

Kenney Jones is a foxhunting Tory twat. See also Brian Ferry.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                                                Jay Kay of the Jamiroquais is a twunt of the first water.
                                                No clue what that could mean, but I'll support the nom. I saw that video where a photog head-butted him and it's glorious.

Comment

Possibly apocryphal but there was an anecdote about Van Morrison relayed on an old Word podcast which, if I remember it correctly, involved members of his band becoming so pissed off with his twattish behaviour after a week of rehearsals that before he showed up one morning they each removed one of the many harmonicas Van kept in a bag slung from his mike stand, wiped them vigorously up their arse cracks and put them back in the bag.

Comment

no-part-harmony stool-disembarkers
                                                    Tools On Stools, I called them.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X