• Show
Clear All

• Guy Profumo
    replied
    Tony Blair

Leave a comment:

• E10 Rifle
    replied
    Cheese-addled Tory and 90s relic Alex James out of Blur surely worth a nomination?

Leave a comment:

• anton pulisov
    replied
    While Kanye is an arsehole, he will forever have the "George Bush doesn't care about black people" moment going for him.

Can I perhaps mention Joe Elliott of Def Leppard. The ultimate twat. The Alan Partridge of rock.
    Last edited by anton pulisov; 14-01-2020, 11:44.

Leave a comment:

• Duncan Gardner
    replied
    Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
    Lennon was a self-confessed bastard who receives a free pass too often even from biographers
    "He was three-quarters of the Beatles' [criminal record]"? (Philip Norman)

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
    Pharrell Williams (doing benefit gigs for the IDF. The IDF! Not only a brutal racist force of cunts but already one of the most heavily funded organisations on the planet)
    Plus his writing credit on the Robin Thicke song that was both rapey and plagiarized.

I am tempted to add Elvis Costello but I think Top 10 is too harsh. He's in the lower reaches of the Top 40 for this, when there is so much competition from Roger Daltrey, Chuck Berry, Eric Clapton, etc.

On the point of where we draw the line between twat and actual evil, I would contend that twats break informal norms of behaviour whereas evil is crimes of assault against people. Many twats may of course have assaulted partners and friends who chose to stay silent. Lennon was a self-confessed bastard who receives a free pass too often even from biographers.

Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 14-01-2020, 11:19.

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    Originally posted by G-Man View Post
    I think it's fair to say that the likes of R. Kelly, Phil Spector, Michael Jackson and their likes exceed the definition of "twat".
    Okay - good point, well made.

Swap 'R Kelly' for 'Mark Morrison' on my earlier post.

Leave a comment:

• Duncan Gardner
    replied
    After my time possibly

I do remember the local magistrate mother of a then-teenage Ash member telling the NI media that yes, he could go on tour to Japan with Megadeth (or whoever), as long as he first finished revising for his A Levels and helped her prune the rose garden
    Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 14-01-2020, 10:59.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
    Van Morrison has Asperger's apparently. But I'm not just routinely defending hometown and childhood heroes: John Fogerty is a surly fcuker,Sir Nodwald a Tory wankah and Jake Burns hasn't bought a round since the Anglo Irish Agreement etc etc
    Amazed there was no mention of the bassist from Ash.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    Oh no, that’s Human Nature. How, oh how could I possibly confuse them?

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    I think Westlife do Vegas now.

Leave a comment:

• G-Man
    replied
    I think it's fair to say that the likes of R. Kelly, Phil Spector, Michael Jackson and their likes exceed the definition of "twat".

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    Originally posted by Auntie Beryl View Post
    Former Westlife member Brian McFadden spent a few years in Australia after leaving the Irish no-part-harmony stool-disembarkers; he recorded a single called Just The Way You Are (Drunk At The Bar) featuring lyrics that appear to glorify date rape.

The single was withdrawn after somebody pointed out that all this might not have been the greatest idea.
    "I like you just the way you are
    Drunk as shit dancing at the bar
    I like it and I can't wait to get you home
    so I can do some damage
    I like you just the way you are
    Jump in the back seat of my car
    'Cause I like it and I can't wait to get you home
    So I can take advantage"

Hoo-ha.

I mean, I know he isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but what in Christ's name made him think those lyrics represented an okay sentiment to hold - let alone express in public?

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    Originally posted by Auntie Beryl View Post
    Irish no-part-harmony stool-disembarkers
    *applauds*

Leave a comment:

• Auntie Beryl
    replied
    Former Westlife member Brian McFadden spent a few years in Australia after leaving the Irish no-part-harmony stool-disembarkers; he recorded a single called Just The Way You Are (Drunk At The Bar) featuring lyrics that appear to glorify date rape.

The single was withdrawn after somebody pointed out that all this might not have been the greatest idea.
    Full and accurate LYRICS for "Just the Way You Are (Drunk at the Bar)" from "Brian McFadden": I like you just the way you are, Drunk as shit dancing at the ...

Leave a comment:

• Duncan Gardner
    replied
    Van Morrison has Asperger's apparently. But I'm not just routinely defending hometown and childhood heroes: John Fogerty is a surly fcuker,Sir Nodwald a Tory wankah and Jake Burns hasn't bought a round since the Anglo Irish Agreement etc etc

Leave a comment:

• 3 Colours Red
    replied
    An incredibly leftfield shout and certainly not on the level of notoriety of most names already brought up but for the shamelessness of his grifting relative to his success as a musical artist, SouljaBoy deserves a mention. Google it if you don't know what the fuck I'm going on about.

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    Originally posted by Jon View Post
    Not Meat Loaf levels of twattishness but rapper B.o.B is a Flat Earther. In the following link he talks about launching a gofundme page to be able to launch satellites to try and bring back images that will disprove all the round earthers. What a twat.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-41399164

Interestingly, the Flat Earth Society had all but disappeared until about 20 years when, you guessed it, the internet came along.
    Great - let's let these oxygen-wasting twunts needlessly spaff their own money to prove their own stupidity.

Didn't Kanye come out in support of Flat Earth as well? (I know that Andrew Flintoff did, but he's not a musician and has always come across as a bit dim anyway.)

The theory I always enjoy is the one that invariably comes up at the mention of air travel - which would clearly be completely skewed by a flat map. Apparently, all passengers are drugged (or similar) to give them the illusion that less time has passed when up in the air: this then presumably extends to hundreds of destinations across the world, where all clocks have to be altered on a more-than hourly basis in order to maintain this illusion, while millions working in the travel industry must, I imagine, be 'in' on said massive global deception. And that's before you get to what there could possibly be to gain from such a deception in the first instance.

Anyway, 'R Kelly'.

Leave a comment:

• Benjm
    replied
    Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
    Mike Batt?

The Wombles guy?
    By coincidence, I saw Mike Batt in Arundel on Saturday. Out and about, not in a performance setting, I hasten to add.

He seemed fine, just minding his own business and quietly stuffing Dalmatian puppies into a sack.

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    And not forgetting Phil Spector

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    Pharrell Williams (doing benefit gigs for the IDF. The IDF! Not only a brutal racist force of cunts but already one of the most heavily funded organisations on the planet)

Leave a comment:

• G-Man
    replied
    We had a knock-out on this theme some years ago. I recall Kid Rock as the winner, with Fred Durst putting up a strong challenge.

Mike Love is a more than merited nomination for this thread.

And then there are Nick Cave and Thom Yorke, whose comments suggest that they play in Israel on ideological rather than economic grounds. Fuck the pair of them.

Leave a comment:

• RobM
    replied
    Glen Danzig is a notorious twat apparently.

Leave a comment:

• Toby Gymshorts
    replied
    Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
    Mike Batt?

The Wombles guy?
    Franchise cunt.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    I'll also nominate Kanye West.

Leave a comment: