X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jah Womble
    replied
    Originally posted by MsD View Post
    The Blanco family are still pressing for news, and now again you see that someone has talked, but it really is going to be hard to get the whole truth, the longer it goes on. Then it's going to be hearsay, I would've thought. Personally, I don't like him for seemingly not caring that someone died at his flat, at the very least.
    Thanks. I think it was a flat belonging to a guy called Paul Roundhill, however, at which Doherty was a frequent guest: this included the night of Mark Blanco's death. (Roundhill's home was also the venue for musician Paul Cunniffe's death five years previously - and also from 'accidental' falling.)

Doherty and his girlfriend certainly disappeared from the property very quickly after the incident - and apparently went off and crashed a party at a hotel. Whether he was directly involved or otherwise, that to me seems callous beyond words.

Leave a comment:

• Guy Profumo
    replied
    Originally posted by Sporting View Post
    Although I adored him. Mark E Smith was capable of being a right prat, and then some.
    But wasn't that it?

Awkward, difficult, and twattish?

This thread is about (despite the thread title) the near evil?

Leave a comment:

• elguapo4
    replied
    If Wyman's son had a child with Smiths Mother, then Mandy Smith would be both it's half Sister and Step Grandmother.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Paper won't help

Leave a comment:

• MsD
    replied
    Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
    When Billy was shacked up with Mandy Smith, his son was dating her mother. So any child of either relationship would have been their own grandparent. Or something
    I can't work that out, I need paper.

Leave a comment:

• MsD
    replied
    Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
    That Doherty piece was published six years ago, though - have there been any developments since, do we know?
    The Blanco family are still pressing for news, and now again you see that someone has talked, but it really is going to be hard to get the whole truth, the longer it goes on. Then it's going to be hearsay, I would've thought. Personally, I don't like him for seemingly not caring that someone died at his flat, at the very least.

Leave a comment:

• Duncan Gardner
    replied
    When Billy was shacked up with Mandy Smith, his son was dating her mother. So any child of either relationship would have been their own grandparent. Or something

Leave a comment:

• Amor de Cosmos
    replied
    I haven't followed this thread and assume someone's already mentioned Bill Wyman? If not he gets listed for "keeping score" on the innumerable teenage girls he gave about ten minutes apiece to. Keef has less to say about him than any other member of the Stones including Mick Taylor. Other than, "he was only in the band because we needed a bass player and he had an amplifier... mostly because of the amplifier."

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied
    Although I adored him. Mark E Smith was capable of being a right prat, and then some.

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    That Doherty piece was published six years ago, though - have there been any developments since, do we know?

Leave a comment:

• MsD
    replied
    I like Bjork, have mutuals with her and have seen her out and about behaving like a regular gal. She's hugely talented so could be horrible and get away with it, but the "tantrums" seem like moments of stress with cunty photographers and journos. I don't blame anyone for reacting badly in those circumstances so never take "is horrible to journalist" or even "punched a photographer" as evidence of being a twat on its own - apart from the odd case where they've bullied their way through an interview, usually with a young female.

I don't like Louise Wener's politics, so blocked her on Twitter. I liked a couple of Sleeper songs, so very slightly disappointed (only slightly).

Re. Doherty - yes, that is well shady, and the reason I don't like him.

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
    More women, you say? By all accounts, Jennifer Lopez is an absolute nightmare to work with. Makes all other "divas" look like rank amateurs.
    Lopez is another to play at birthday parties for dictators of the Stans. Cannot remember which one hit she earned a million dollars for it.

Leave a comment:

• Freestyling buck wilding Stijn Stijnen
    replied
    To add to Pete Doherty being mentioned upthread, there's this really quite shady tale:

Forensic reports suggested that Blanco did not fall from the balcony and that he was carried and dropped.
    Doherty was seen to be fleeing the scene at a time that matches Blanco's estimated time of death.
    'Twat' could be seen as just a teensy bit understated here...
    As the singer makes another comeback with the Libertines, BBC reporter Peter Marshall investigates the case of Mark Blanco and the new digital evidence that could finally resolve an eight-year mystery

Leave a comment:

• Lang Spoon
    replied
    She was a PJ O'Rourke quoting "edgy" libertarian, if I remember right. Fully deserving of scorn.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    George Harrison gets regular scorn on the Chart Music podcast. I suppose his position on tax contradicts his supposed love of humanity and peace, like Lennon with the huge fur coat collection.

Also from those podcasts: B A Robertson, Cliff Richard, Paul Nicholas, Toyah Wilcox.

Louise Wener, perhaps just a personal dislike by me.

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    Originally posted by Sits View Post

Amazed there was no mention of the bassist from Ash.
    Gosh that's just reminded me of Charlotte Hatherley. Not a bassist, not from Ireland, and not (as far as I know) horrible. But there you go, a blast from the past, from Nightnurse.

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    I think whomsoever dubbed Ferry thus would've had further grievances against him, but I'm sure that was in addition, yes.

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
    We haven't.
    Okay, my bad - I hadn't spotted mention of him upthread.

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    IIRC, said photographer walked up to her in airport arrivals immediately after she had just finished an 18 hour flight and took a flash photo right in her face.
    A reporter apparently, who then turned her attention to Bjork's youngest - which understandably incurred said Icelandic warbler's wrath.

Leave a comment:

• Guy Profumo
    replied
    Surprised we've lasted this long without mention of Bryan Ferry - or 'Bryan C***ing F***ing W***shot Ferry' as he was memorably (and repeatedly) dubbed in one of those knockout things on here some years back.
    Only by proxy thanks to his repellent offspring, surely?

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    And - almost in diametric opposition to WOM's beloved Jay-Kay-photographer-takedown - Bjork, of course, very publicly trashed a reporter. Who probably had it coming, tbf.
    IIRC, said photographer walked up to her in airport arrivals immediately after she had just finished an 18 hour flight and took a flash photo right in her face.

Leave a comment:

• Toby Gymshorts
    replied
    We haven't.

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    Surprised we've lasted this long without mention of Bryan Ferry - or 'Bryan C***ing F***ing W***shot Ferry' as he was memorably (and repeatedly) dubbed in one of those knockout things on here some years back.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post

Amazon

Rain

Forest

Lute
    Fixed

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    Chrissie Hynde waved the flag, mind.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    It depends on the consequences. Sportspeople might get bans. Western musicians OTOH are doing it purely for financial greed and have total freedom to refuse with no risk of career penalties.

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied
    Should everyone refuse to work in Israel? Sportspeople etc? I don't know what my opinion is, to be honest.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X