Top ten twats in rock and pop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, and "Chris Brown".

Seriously: at which point in your rising stardom do you think that beating the crap out of your girlfriend, is a good idea. Sorry? His girlfriend was Rihanna? THAT Rihanna?

What the fuck? Seriously, I am as gay as a slightly moist goose, but even I can see, that hitting Rihanna, is not a good career choice.

So, Chris Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post

If you think that... I have always been on his side, since he lived across the road from me... I mentioned it, when Andrew Neill (who also lived across the road) used his whole radio show, to say that some 'nouveau riche' popstar,had 'stolen' his parking space. And it was awarded to the 'fat dancer', because he lived there on most evenings, unlike 'everyone else' on the stree (with or without a radio show)t, because that's how it goes down in deepest, darkest, South Kensington.

Oh, didn't I mention that one?
      I think I understand.

Comment

Neil Tennant makes a bid to join our pantheon:

“Acoustic guitars should be banned”

https://amp.theguardian.com/music/20...mpression=true

Comment

That should totally de-twat him...

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
            The corollary of how precious Fun-boy Freddie and the Sun City Stompers used to be with their “and nobody played the synthesizer” bolloxery, surely?

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
              Given that his reasoning is 'Ed Sheeran', I almost agree.

Comment

Bryan Adams after this:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...na-coronavirus

Comment

He was surely already on the list though

Comment

I can't embed Twitter, but this is a funny response to Bryan Adams: https://twitter.com/bornmiserable/st...374359553?s=20

Comment

Thanks. Here is the tweet embedded:

[URL="https://twitter.com/bornmiserable/status/1260045153374359553?s=20"]https://twitter.com/bornmiserable/st...374359553?s=20[/URL]

Comment

It's funny, but as he and others have pointed out, he wasn't necessarily being racist.

And I've been a bit "hmm" about him since Run to You.

Comment

That had a decent riff, I'll concede. (Lyrically a little dubious, however.)

I don't think Adams is being specifically 'racist', either - just rather predictably regurgitating an unproven accusation.

Comment

A little dubious? It's a song glorifying cheating

Comment

Originally posted by MsD View Post
                              It's funny, but as he and others have pointed out, he wasn't necessarily being racist.
                              Not necessarily racist, but certainly buying into a nasty right-wing agenda. He is a self-centred fool, though: Me and myself and I can't do me and myself and I's things because of these uncivilised forinners.

Comment

^Yep, that pretty much nails it.

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                A little dubious? It's a song glorifying cheating
                                Well, I'm no apologist for him but Adams is documenting such an occurrence taking place - which I'm afraid it 'does'. Doesn't make it right - or even particularly palatable - but the arts really aren't here to nursemaid us.

I mean, we all think Prince was great but he gets up to all sorts in his lyrics. He just happened to be a million times better at his craft than Bryan Adams.

Comment

Sure. There's lots of songs like that. I just didn't think you needed the qualifiying 'little' in there

Comment

Trust me, it was used with more than a touch of irony.

Comment

Originally posted by MsD View Post
                                      Just Reckless.

Comment

Well, I for one am shocked...shocked about this rock and roll song that isn't about eating a balanced diet and getting plenty of rest.

Comment

Slimmer of '69?

Comment

Just read through this thread and have been shocked to discover:
                                            1. There are people on here who post on other message boards. Who said that was allowed?
                                            2. There are more than zero people alive who like Temporary Secretary. (And I am speaking as such a huge Macca fan that I even love Red Rose Speedway, and have Ram in my Top 10 Favourite Albums Ever list.)
                                            3. No one's mentioned the twat's twat, Lou Reed. I once read an interview in MOJO with him by Sylvie Simmons, an excellent writer, and he spent the entire interview being an awkward, arrogant grade one twat to her, basically slagging off every music journalist in history for not having kissed his holy arse for everything he's ever done. Twat.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                              Slimmer of '69?
                                              Oh, Jah... do I have to say the words?

Comment

There are no words!

Comment

Pun to you.

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post
                                                    .And I am speaking as such a huge Macca fan that I even love Red Rose Speedway, and have Ram in my Top 10 Favourite Albums .
                                                    How about Wild Life?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X